Mitsubishi FG 4wd cab over

Gold Boy

Adventurer
Hi Mark

Wan't be towing the LC dure to the fact that its 5000lb's, but we are planning on towing a 21' trailer sailer boat.

I will say that we are allowing for two years of planning, so we are unfortuantly are not going today:coffee:

Sure, Carls contact phone# would be great.

Thankyou

GB

The 74 is an import... from

http://www.kktrading-aurora.com/top.html

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
Mark,

You are right, I'm sure. The $150k seems like a bunch of money to me, right now. Then again, I still sleep in a tent;)

I understand why it costs as much as it does and I'm sure they have put a bunch of thought and work into the project.

I can certainly dream!

Gold Boy

Adventurer
The thing is for me, how to diy out fit the FG.

I'm thinkin, to have a flat deck built and then use that as a platform, rarther than go direct FG frame to trailer frame.

The bigfoot f/g shell trailer is nice, but there maybe other options...

Kind of like the Alaskan camper concept as well.

I love thinkin about all this stuff.

:campfire:

GB

http://www.baumpub.com/publications/land/lgj_features/land_0509_f5.htm

Attachments

• fuzo2.jpg
    fuzo2.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

OutbacKamper

Supporting Sponsor
Gold boy, I would like to discuss some ideas with you along these lines. I will pm you with my e-mail address and if you are interested, e-mail me back . I think we may be able to help each other.

Cheers
Mark

HINO SG

Adventurer
heating/cooking

Interesting products.

I'm working on installing a a Force 10 cabin heater in my commercial-chassis based expedition camper. Nice little 6000btu kerosene/diesel burner which is externally vented and requires no electricity. Havn't tried it yet but probably has enough surface area to heat a small teapot.

Gold Boy

Adventurer
May be we have drawn the same conclusion that sailing boat equipment is very good for fitting out FG/Hino campers etc.

That force 10 should work well, I like the fact that these products are externally vented... good for safety.

GB

Last edited:

kdgreene

Observer
Fuso FG Conversion Info

Hi Guys,

Thanks for using the photo of our Fuso camper on the beach in Tulum, Mexico.

Here's an update on our around the world trip. We have now driven 38,000 miles from Toronto, Canada to Ushuaia at the tip of Argentina and northward to Lima, Peru.

I want to say that we have given our Fuso an extreme off-road test at over 15,000 ft elevation in Southwestern Bolivia. The result is that it came through FANTASTIC. Other than blowing a bit more black exhaust smoke due to the fact that we were unable to get the engine properly adjusted, there were no problems. I'd like to post a new photo of our negotiating the boulders on the route but we were so involved that we forgot to take any!

If anyone has any questions about how the truck is handling or regarding how we built out the camper, feel free to email.:clapsmile

kdgreene

Observer
Yes we are Arizona based

Scott,

We'd love to show you our Fuso, but the truck is currently in Lima Peru. We have one more phase of our South America expeditions to complete, we will be driving through northern Peru, Ecuador and Colombia starting mid-September. From there we are planning to ship to New Zealand then Australia.

I've followed several of your trips as we have also explored the Copper Canyon, El Golfo and Baja. We still have our old Chevy Z-71 with our pop-up camper for trips closer to home.

Hope we do connect in the future.

haven

Expedition Leader
SRW for Fuso FG

It's hard to argue with the success that Don Greene and Carl Hunter have had with their Fuso FG campers. The dual rear wheels add payload, and permit running a smaller, less expensive, more readily available tire. That said, I like the advantages of single rear wheels, which makes the Fuso more trail-ready.

OutbacKamper found a company in western Australia that converts Fusos to SRW, and took this photo:

840825_26_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/840000-840999/840825_26_full.jpg

The company is Amesz Design. The tires are Michelin XZL 255/100R16, which add 2 inches of ground clearance over the stock tires.

Their website is here.

Chip Haven

ps. check out www.expeditioncampers.com

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
kdgreene said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for using the photo of our Fuso camper on the beach in Tulum, Mexico.

I have just now pieced together who you guys are and you expedition. :D

Welcome to the portal.

I have the greatest respect for your teaching foundation and education efforts. Bravo :bowdown:

Here is their website: Quest Connect

Mit Fuso

It's hard to argue with the success that Don Greene and Carl Hunter have had with their Fuso FG campers. The dual rear wheels add payload, and permit running a smaller, less expensive, more readily available tire. That said, I like the advantages of single rear wheels, which makes the Fuso more trail-ready.

OutbacKamper found a company in western Australia that converts Fusos to SRW, and took this photo:

840825_26_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/840000-840999/840825_26_full.jpg

The company is Amesz Design. The tires are Michelin XZL 255/100R16, which add 2 inches of ground clearance over the stock tires.

Their website is here.

Chip Haven

ps. check out www.expeditioncampers.com

I had heard that conversion to SRW was "impossible." Does anyone in the USA do this conversion? I'm in San Diego CA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles