Mitsubishi Fuso FG 4x4 tire options for stock rims

safariman

Observer
Hello all,

I'm looking to replace both front and rear on my 2001 Fuso FG4x4 . I'm not going to go the super single route as its not in the budget. Id like to go with the biggest /Tallest tire that will fit the rim. It currently has LT235/85R16.
I need help with :
1.Tire size
2 Tire type
2. Brand / Model Recommendations

im thinking something A/T like cooper discover maxx but with the correct load rating. I like an aggressive look , somewhat quite , no rumble and budget friendly. I dont ask for much do I ;)

Im not worried about longevity as i don't put much mileage on it and im selling in 2 years.
I have Rancho adjustable shocks and aftermarket bump stops all round to help with ride

Type off trip i do or planning -- Saline /Death valley, couple of Tahoe trips in winter( some snow ) Baja, Copper Canyon early 2019 and plenty a highway in between as we all know here in the US.

My rig is not set up for crazy off roading . So no rock crawling or anything crazy.

Thanks for any advise and here is a pic of my rig . Shes no oil painting but its hand built and fully contained .

IMG_8990.JPG
IMG_9172.JPG

CropDuster

Observer
I just replaced the tyres on mine and there wasn't much choice here in Aus.
Ended up with 7.50R16 Blacklion tyres, the rolling diameter and load rating both greater than the previous Dunlop tyres.
Mine is 4300kg (9460lb) rear axle so that limited the choices also.

Endoftheroad

You can run 265/75/r16 in the front, it's the same diameter as stock but wider.
I ran these before going to singles.
Stock size in rear. BFG ATs all around. I'm

CYi5

Explorer
255/85/16 (~33.1x10.0") is a common up-size for dualies. Cooper S/T Maxx would be a great all arounder, and they do offer that size, though theirs shakes out to only 32.8 x 10.2".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne