dsc054837yt2.jpg

Specs:
MY1989
302.000km
2.4l gasoline engine 111hp
5 speed
automatic locking hubs

Plans are:
-Remove all the rust (it`s not as bad as it looks)
-Skid plates
-Front bumper with winch, 2 8" HID lights and 4 6" HID lights
-Rear swingout with the spare tire, hilift, shovel and jerry can mount
-mild lift
-camper conversion

First thing is to get it ready for the TÜV, the german safety inspection. And i can tell you, those guys are really hardcore...

I`m going to pick it up on tuesday, can`t wait... :drool:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Congratz on your new ride!:Wow1: I can hardly wait to see that machine with 37´ boggers and 12 inch lift! Ok, only kidding. I am sure you will make it a nice ride. Any ideas for paint? If not, I have some great ideas.....:)

Thanks guys...

TÜV shouldn`t be a big problem. Suspension wise it`s fine. There`s a little play in the passenger side front wheel bearing that`s all. I can just readjust this...

The rust looks bad, but it`s only the big spot on the driver side where the duct tape is. Also in the inner wheel wells, but that`s all. The rest is solid...

I`ll also remove all the rust from the suspension, underbody and stuff. Then i`ll give it a shot undercoating and it should look brand new...

r_w

Adventurer
The USofA. There are a handful here, a few people that jumped through all the hoops to import one from Canada.

I have ridden in them in several third world countries, they are INCREDIBLE what they can do and how much they can haul--they are bigger on the inside than they are on the outside.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
The USofA. There are a handful here, a few people that jumped through all the hoops to import one from Canada.

I have ridden in them in several third world countries, they are INCREDIBLE what they can do and how much they can haul--they are bigger on the inside than they are on the outside.
You mean like 2 gal. of water in a 1 gal. bucket right?:sombrero:

Got a smoking deal on those HID lights a few weeks ago:

dsc05485iqdz.jpg

This is how they look:

dsc05487go6d.jpg

Can`t use the mounting bracket, so i removed them:

dsc05489ppem.jpg

All the lights i`m going to mount:

dsc054905okq.jpg

Placed a huge order today: new welder, undercoating, rocker guard, bondo, lot of bodywork tools, safety stuff, etc....

Should be a lot of packages coming in next week... :Wow1: :ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne

Members online