Moby1 Going Out Of Business? Has Anyone Received A Deposit Return?

Teardropper

I used to bookmark every teardrop manufacturer I came across. Most of those links no longer work.

Here's my advice: Beware the trailer maker that has photos of one trailer on their website.

T

flipmachine

Adventurer
I used to bookmark every teardrop manufacturer I came across. Most of those links no longer work.

Here's my advice: Beware the trailer maker that has photos of one trailer on their website.

T
oh come on now!!! I am still here!, just gonna be under a new name :) and not for reasons of trying to screw anyone... just couldnt get along with my investors :(

opp

Observer
In the end will your kids remember the 300 watt solar setup or state of the art fridge freezer? Or will they remember you teaching them how to cook burgers on a national park grill you had to clean for 20 mins while they splashed in a creek and skipped rocks. Will that toy make the place your going better?

Some where we lost this After all it's a box. That you may be lucky and use 10 days a year. keep it simple

QQQ

And now we have our answer. I guess this is what happens when you run your company out of dishonesty, you can't get your story straight. You tell one story on here and a totally different story somewhere else. They would have been better off just being honest and it would have put them in a better light. Now they look just as shady as Moby1. I mean I wouldn't have given money to them even if they were honest about it given their connection with Moby1 but now they are just flat out liars. Not a way to start your "new" company.

Exactly, I would bet dollars to doughnuts that these aren't just "old employees" of moby1 but are, in fact, the very same jokers who screwed people over with stolen deposits and no trailers.

Let's recap: They have the same address, the trailers look basically the same, using the old and tired "we're just employees" line, and flip flopping on the truth when asked if they are the old moby1, did I miss anything?

Pgopinath

Was meaning to post this as curiosity got the better of me. Vorsheer, LLC had a biz licence back in 07/13/2018 at the same address moby was using up until moby went under at the first week of Dec. It shows it expired on 12/10/2018 but then it shows an application for renewal has been filed. Again at moby's same address. The POC is correct, Sunshine McCloud who lives in Spanish Fork. Looks like she makes crafts snd knick knacks but there is mention on a fb acct of "..the boys have finished the trailer! Now it's on to sales!!" No mention of who "the boys" are and that post was on December 19th of 2018. So curiosity...

Moby's last social media posts were on Oct 5-8th of '18. According to bank filings I saw the business was shut down Dec 1 or 2nd, 2018. It could have been earlier but that's the file date I found. I thought to myself that from that time until Dec 19th (when Vorsheer was showing they had a finished product) - that was a very quick turn around time. So I called a buddy in provo (LDS people know everything going on everywhere ?) and he said Vorsheer, LLC is owned by two or three people that worked for Moby. Now things become more clear on such a quick hey, we are a new business and we already have a unit for sale. With no mention of testing or it being a prototype etc. Now is that moby connection good or bad, who knows. Made me wonder if Vorsheer, LLC bought half finished or started trailers they finished out themselves or bought materials left by moby hence the quick build time.

I checked out Vorsheer's social media which shows very little other than they do general fab work. Now it makes sense how they made the leap to building teardrops. They made them all along. No need to ptototype or test. The sketchy thing to me was a posting on their instagram. A person asked if they were connected to moby which they denied. That sets off alarm bells to me. It's like, why be sketchy and deny a connection. Just be honest and tell the public you build a quality product and moby's failure was on them. But that's not how it comes across. In fact they even said the shop space was available so we took it almost like they just stumbled in the door on accident. I dont know, it felt a little disingenuous to me.

In a world where this overland fad is costing people tens of thousands of dollars in bad deals, regret, fights with significant others etc and businesses like inka outdoor and moby screwing their customers - again I'll say this - people need to slow the fk down and take a breath. Dropping 10k on a deposit for some isn't a big deal but for others it's their entire savings acct. I see way too many people jumping into these deals just to regret it 6 months later because they see **************** on social media about living your best life!!! What some don't realize is a lot of these people have zero net worth, are living on hand outs from strangers/family and behind the pretty pics and posts on how great life is on the road is failed relationships, screaming kids and depressed adults who are tired of being hot and cold and chewed on by bugs. The flip side is a lucky few are just independently wealthy with family money or have a six figure income affording them the chance to work 3 months out of the year or do their job from the road. And even those people make piss poor financial choices. Buying $50,000 offroad trailers to sell them at a loss 6-12 months later having used it 3-5 times.

My advice is ask yourself some real tough questions before you drop 30k on a toy, because that's all it is, including the question of if this deal goes south can I afford the loss. Is a 30k trailer worth 5-10 nights a year of camping? Life happens and your dream of 25+ nights a year or cross country travel can get shut down real fast. BEEN THERE! In the end will your kids remember the 300 watt solar setup or state of the art fridge freezer? Or will they remember you teaching them how to cook burgers on a national park grill you had to clean for 20 mins while they splashed in a creek and skipped rocks. Will that toy make the place your going better?

Food for thought.

This is the sanest and most pragmatic message I have seen posted on ExPo. THANK YOU!

ottsville

Observer
It's a real shame since most people wont even know about the Moby1 experiences of some and the apparent connection to this company.
If you feel strongly about that, reviews can be posted on google, facebook, yelp etc that state the possible connections and history.

GkraneTX

If you feel strongly about that, reviews can be posted on google, facebook, yelp etc that state the possible connections and history.

I dont have facebook, but I think I will leave that to the folks who actually lost their deposit since I had no transactions with the company.

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Is there any confirmation of Moby1 going out of business? I just want to update the articles on the home page to warn potential buyers...

See my post. Vorsheer has a biz licence in their name at that address. They have posted on social media moby 1 is gone and they operating out of the same facility. Very sketchy business practices between both companies with one allegedly disappearing with large amounts of customer deposits and vorsheer being a little evasive about the transition to their operation. I recieved my info from a friend in Utah who sourced it direct from their state govt.

Inka Outdoor in Gastonia, Nc pulled a similar disappearing act fyi.

thefirstzukman

I can help shed a little light here (MAYBE) Sunshine McCloud used to work with me. Her Husband worked for Moby1 for many years, she used to complain to ma all the time about how horrible Moby1s owners were and how they always had a hard time getting even paychecks. Her husband pretty much built the trailers and he loved what he did but hated how bad the owners were. I haven't talked to her for a while but it doesn't surprise me to see that this happened. The owners of Moby1 lived the good life, most likely on the deposits of people who they were screwing out of deposits. Ill have to drop by there and see what I find out but Sunshine worked accounting and Im guessing that's why her name is on the business.

Grump E-Vet

In the end will your kids remember the 300 watt solar setup or state of the art fridge freezer? Or will they remember you teaching them how to cook burgers on a national park grill you had to clean for 20 mins while they splashed in a creek and skipped rocks. Will that toy make the place your going better?

@Outside somewhere Thank you, really sincerely thank you. I have been slowly getting into overlanding because it combines a lot of my interests and skill sets. But most importantly I wanted to use if as a way to connect with my young kids more now that I am medically retired from the military and struggle greatly at times doing that. But what you said really put’s it into perspective for me.

I have been worrying over if I want to buy a class B RV and getting a 4WD conversion or building out a van myself, or buying some kind of off-roadable camping trailer or modifying my current truck with a bed back to fit an RTT. But you know what I am just going to start with just taking the Napier outdoors tent we already have that can connect to the back of our Pacifica mini van for now and just get out there with them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles