Modified ARB drawers

Redman333

Adventurer
Has anyone modified one of the roller tops for the ARB drawers. They are rated at 165lbs I believe or at least really close to that. I'm wanting to see if its possible to mount a load spotter on top of the roller top so that I can bring the fridge even further out and then drop it. They only issue I see if the roller top weight rating. I don't know what type of slides these use though. Wanted to know if they can be swapped with another brand r a higher capacity rating.

Rezarf <><

Explorer
I'm just speculating but I'd bet the lid will handle the load spotter. Once you have it cantilevered way out there that's the real test but the base of the load spotter bolted to the ARB lid will add structure. I'd call ARB they could advise you I'm sure. If I am not mistaken, ARB uses a bearing system/rail verses traditional drawer slides.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
The roller floor does use a bearing/rail system and is quite stout BUT the floor material itself is a composite wood and you would have to get quite crafty with the mounting and reinforcement to prevent damage.

ramonortiz55

Adventurer
Has anyone modified one of the roller tops for the ARB drawers. They are rated at 165lbs I believe or at least really close to that. I'm wanting to see if its possible to mount a load spotter on top of the roller top so that I can bring the fridge even further out and then drop it. They only issue I see if the roller top weight rating. I don't know what type of slides these use though. Wanted to know if they can be swapped with another brand r a higher capacity rating.

i have a person making custome drawers for the cargo area of my 4runner. He is using 500 lb slides. I could probably ask him for the brand name of them

Redman333

Adventurer
i have a person making custome drawers for the cargo area of my 4runner. He is using 500 lb slides. I could probably ask him for the brand name of them

There's actually a few companies that make slide that strong. The problem I would have would be the mounting point. As in is the ARB top piece strong enough to hold the extra weight. Not just the weight either but the extended weight. As it goes further out the amount of weight that it can hold drops considerably. If I had to guess the slides would have to be able to hold 100lbs at around 84".

I think I've give. Up on this idea as I believe it's not doable with the current setup. I'd have to strengthen the ARB housing or mounting point as well as run a more bulky slide setup in order to hold the extra weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior