Molle Hole Dimensions for a Rigid Panel - Consensus Sought

Charles R

Adventurer
I used a cheapo Husky version of that. I was also working on getting a functional radius on the edges. So I was not quite using the tool as intended, and so spending a little extra time each hole. I wasn’t working at I’d call a production pace either.

But the main thing is there are a LOT of holes in my panels. And you do it twice, to get both sides of the panel.

81563599_2628837887207396_5022217456643473408_o.jpg

Last edited:

emlclcy

Hello,
I am in the process of getting a 3mm thick aluminium panel laser cut with slots to make a Molle compatible panel which I can mount on the inside of my vehicle, (inside a window frame). I have found an excellent manufacturer and my CAD drawing is almost complete, but I am a bit unsure about the sizes of the slots/holes to use and the spaces between these slots.
From one post which I have read
The slot size suggested is: 1.25” (32mm) high x 1.5” (38mm) long.
For the metal work around the slots is made up of rows 1.25” (32mm) high and columns 0.5” (12.7mm) wide metal between the slots.
Do these dimensions sound correct?
Having tried measuring sizes on screen and reading what the specified MOLLE fabric sizes are I am seeing differences, and I guess a lot of manufacturers of panels are not sharing this info.
Any help much appreciated.
Hi, i know this is an old post but this is where i am at with my conversion.
This is my first post so a very quick rundown, its a 2007 subaru outback, ive put on raceworks coilovers to raise it 2" and it has bf goodrich AT K02 tyres. Ive removed the rear seats as its just for me and my partner, there is a fold up board in place of the seats for extra storage underneath.
So onto MOLLE, i want to make an aluminium frame that hangs from the back of the front seats,. We take a small 7kg gas bottle for our shower and cooking, this is strapped to the base of the front seat in the rear footwell, which is quite a faf so the plan is to make an extended frame that i can secure the gas bottle to.
So i have the same set of questions really, what is the hole size and x+y pitch. If anyone has successfully made there own, would you share CAD files? This is just for my conversion. I also want to make a pair of MOLLE frames for the rear windows.
We have a latitude roof tent and all our bits n bobs live in the spare wheel compartment which is a real mess hence a MOLLE setup
Any recommendations for good quality MOLLE bags?
thanks
carl - hampshire (uk)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne