Monroe truck bed

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
The "short flat" portion of this bed could present a problem with support for a camper with a floor such that is much longer as a slide in bed camper.

You were not specific about the type of "Camper" you would mount on this bed so a little "Mo Info" would certainly be helpful to properly answer your questions.

tbeaudoin

I'm leaning towards an artic fox 1140. I could fab in insert for the recessed area to support the bottom of the camper.

ericvs

I have a Bradford built flatbed under my camper. I removed the forward 'headache rack' to allow the camper to be much closer to the cab.

I also wonder about the sloped part at the back of that Monroe bed. The camper will not be supported in that area either. I don't know what Articfox states it needs for the camper.

tbeaudoin

I have, they look good with some good ideas. I found a CM bed as well that's aluminum skin over steel frame. It's flat but 9'4" long so I don't think I can scoot the camper all the way forward. The AF has an integrated bumper with 2 support diagonals that extend about 18" up the belly. The salesman said to just build up a platform to raise camper up.....:rolleyes: Then my wife found the 1172 :confused:

zb39

Adventurer
I like my CM bed, I can get my Mammoth on 8.5 feet of it. The forward section is for storage.

tbeaudoin

Thanks, how much room in front does that leave?
'After looking at the bellies of a few units the slant on the back of the monroe bed starts to look advantageous if the flat area is long enough. I located one locally so I'll have to take some measurements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior