Monteros on craigslist

howirolla

Adventurer
probably somewhere in the junkyard because it's a salvage title
haha yea I saw that

That's a 2.5 and a locker. I can't tell from the pic, but it looks like body damage on that missing signal side. It is a salvage too, but the price isn't bad, but it's a dealership, so you won't get records or any history on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do know enough to know that's a 2.5, was just posting to make sure I had figured out what coreman23 had posted.

I have heard that these rigs have horrible transmissions. any words in regards to that from owners here?

coreman23

I have heard that these rigs have horrible transmissions. any words in regards to that from owners here?
I don't know where you heard that, and I don't have one, but I've never heard a negative thing about the transmissions in Monteros. I've only heard good things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maskarade

it looks like a reseller - temp tags, from what i know Gen1 is all-time 4wd not 2wheel drive, and "1992" sounds wrong because that's the year Gen2 was introduced. I'm not an expert but there are too many red flags
Gen 1s all have part time 4WD systems, but the year is wrong as it often is on craigslist. I wouldn't necessarily avoid it, I would just take that as dealing with someone who doesn't know about the car.

Thanks for the heads up, turns out its still available if it's too sketchy I'll back off and wait for a gen 3.

plh

Explorer
The years you are referencing will have an automatic. Rock Solid. The V5MT1 manual in the V6 early models (89 - 95?) - Solid - from a truck (Cantor) but not a speed shifter.

1991 Mitsubishi Montero runs and drives $1100 or best offer cleantitle - $1100 (South Main St)

1991 Mitsubishi Montero 4Wheel Drive runs and drives power windows complete classic truck!! unfortunate that I don't have space for it really do love the truck! runs and drives! , Needs AC Compressor, has all the bells and whistles just don't have the space for need to sale 1100 or best offer.

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5233903450.html

The Viper

Adventurer
1991 Mitsubishi Montero runs and drives $1100 or best offer cleantitle - $1100 (South Main St)

1991 Mitsubishi Montero 4Wheel Drive runs and drives power windows complete classic truck!! unfortunate that I don't have space for it really do love the truck! runs and drives! , Needs AC Compressor, has all the bells and whistles just don't have the space for need to sale 1100 or best offer.

I wonder what is meant by..."has all the bells and whistles..." its a 91 seems like its missing all the "bells and whistles" lol

I thought the same thing. Some people might think that a compass/altimiter/thermometer qualify as bells and whistles though, or that it has a steering wheel and 4 tires, who knows. Seems like a pretty good price though.

BOPOH

Explorer

repost from page 59 and i really think it's POS and somebody is trying to get rid of it ASAP