Monteros on craigslist

MogsAndDogs

Some people love the swing out door, some people hate the swing out door.
I see. I havent had anything else so I guess never thought about it much. It does mean that if you get a 270 awning, it has to be driver side. I do like that the tire is mounted on the door so I don't have to invest in an expensive and heavy bumper. It is also nice to block the wind. And, you can mount stuff to it on the inside which I imagine you cant on the vertical type doors.

youngmontero96sr

This one's available. I checked it out this morning. The engine and tranny seem strong. The brakes had some vibration when used. The clear coat was peeling a bit. It was not the winter package which is why I did not purchase

TheMole

Adventurer
Someone needs to take a look at this gen 2.5 winter package. Looks like it needs some work, but decent for the age. Would take a look, but Santa Barbara a bit too far for me. Prices for these are getting up there in worse condition.

1999 Mitsubishi Montero - $3,795 (Santa Barbara)

Not sure if anybody has seen this, auction date is for tomorrow. I believe this belonged to user "raysobi" on here. I messaged him about it last week but didn't get a response.

plh

Explorer
Not sure if anybody has seen this, auction date is for tomorrow. I believe this belonged to user "raysobi" on here. I messaged him about it last week but didn't get a response.

$500 is about right for that (maybe high)

$500 is about right for that (maybe high)
You think so? I'm not a fan of the paint/liner, but 119k miles with some decent parts on it, gotta be worth more than that. Looks like it just needs some engine work. No idea why part of that roof rack was cut out though.

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
Listing says front end damage? Not visible in photos……even if it needs a whole new engine it’s worth a few k’s IMO. Rust free…..Montero bones are rock solid.

plh

Explorer
Listing says front end damage? Not visible in photos……even if it needs a whole new engine it’s worth a few k’s IMO. Rust free…..Montero bones are rock solid.
Maybe if you are local to wherever this rig sits. Transporting it any long distance for a non-runner isn't going to be cheap. Plus an unknown engine issue (I'd think worst if unknown). And that monstaliner/raptorliner paint job screams at me beat hard and put away wet.

Here is a Montero Sport with a winter package, dash gauge cluster and a locking rear diff. See the orange tag on the transmission hump for the locking diff.

If I were closer, I'd be after this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cayouche