Monteros on craigslist

Grinder313

Observer
Looking for a Gen 3 Montero Limited. I live in SW Ohio and willing to travel a couple hours.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

PHeller

Adventurer
I'm looking for one in Arizona, preferably with either valve seals done or most of its life on synthetic, preferably already has a lift and tires. Manual trans would be awesome, but not required.

The Viper

Adventurer
Someone snatch this one up! Please. Before I do something rash.

http://bellingham.craigslist.org/cto/5210964540.html

Why? You have to somehow get it off the island and onto the ferry, can the ferry fit a truck and trailer? If the timing belt broke, you probably have valve damage, cylinder scoring, piston damage... That's a good deal of time and money. But if you have both and enjoy that kind of engine rebuild, maybe your right

Edit:just out of curiosity, is it yours? Not many people sign up here just to post in this thread???

fleavernator

Easy tiger. I've been searching far and wide for a gen 2.5 or 3 and happened to just buy a 2.5 in SoCal. Flying down in 2 weeks, driving it back. So no, this one isn't mine. (Although, kinda wished I waited)

So you dont think $950obo isn't a steal for this one owner NW gen 3, ok whatever. In my mind...Probably talk em down to $800, tow it home, swap in a 3.8 and you think it's still not worth the $? I spotted this ad recently and thought hey, why not share this deal with the right crowd. You know, the ones that appreciate these vehicles? But maybe not you sir.

The Viper

Adventurer
Easy tiger. I've been searching far and wide for a gen 2.5 or 3 and happened to just buy a 2.5 in SoCal. Flying down in 2 weeks, driving it back. So no, this one isn't mine. (Although, kinda wished I waited)

So you dont think $950obo isn't a steal for this one owner NW gen 3, ok whatever. In my mind...Probably talk em down to $800, tow it home, swap in a 3.8 and you think it's still not worth the $? I spotted this ad recently and thought hey, why not share this deal with the right crowd. You know, the ones that appreciate these vehicles? But maybe not you sir.

I didnt mean to come off standoffish, just skeptical...you may very well be right, it being a good deal, hence the part in my previous post that said..."maybe your right"

Taylor1

Observer
Craigslist post did say previously a CA Montero. I wasn't able to find a thread doing a username search. I'll look more on the desktop.

Anyone know any details or more history?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Taylor1

Observer
My thoughts exactly. Haha. Who knows...Bedliner might protect the top from scratches.

Nothing a dirty afternoon with mask and power sander can't fix. Or coat the bottom trim to match.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior