Monteros on craigslist

Swank Force One

Adventurer
I have the parts to fix my truck in hand, but am considering just pulling all the parts i think i can sell off of it and sending the rest to the crusher as the market seems to have completely stagnated.

Any thoughts? Any vultures out there looking for parts? I like the truck, but i already bought its replacement and i cannot/will not keep 4 SUVs on hand.

asuflipmode

Free, someone go get it!

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Here's one for sale by one of my coworkers, he's taken good care of it (older guy) and it really hasn't been wheeled.

eporter

Adventurer
These things are cool, such a bargain compared to FJ80s. I see a couple in my neighborhood and am always curious. Are montero owners as polarized about the swing out door as GX470 owners? I don’t mind the swingout door on my GX, my FJ60 tailgate/hatch combo might be my favorite.

MogsAndDogs

These things are cool, such a bargain compared to FJ80s. I see a couple in my neighborhood and am always curious. Are montero owners as polarized about the swing out door as GX470 owners? I don’t mind the swingout door on my GX, my FJ60 tailgate/hatch combo might be my favorite.

What do you mean by polarized?

MogsAndDogs

Some people love the swing out door, some people hate the swing out door.

I see. I havent had anything else so I guess never thought about it much. It does mean that if you get a 270 awning, it has to be driver side. I do like that the tire is mounted on the door so I don't have to invest in an expensive and heavy bumper. It is also nice to block the wind. And, you can mount stuff to it on the inside which I imagine you cant on the vertical type doors.

youngmontero96sr

This one's available. I checked it out this morning. The engine and tranny seem strong. The brakes had some vibration when used. The clear coat was peeling a bit. It was not the winter package which is why I did not purchase

zerodrift

Adventurer
9ec960491045ab7a35bf8419904955a3.jpg
11166988f20d27fedcae06f13e5b41ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

TheMole

Adventurer
Someone needs to take a look at this gen 2.5 winter package. Looks like it needs some work, but decent for the age. Would take a look, but Santa Barbara a bit too far for me. Prices for these are getting up there in worse condition.

1999 Mitsubishi Montero - $3,795 (Santa Barbara)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles