Moody Raider

CharlieNorth

As I stated in my previous post, right or wrong I am going to roll my dice on a different carb. The adapter layout looks easy enough, I expect i will get to that this afternoon, I think?
cVRrh79.jpg

Last edited:

CharlieNorth

Well I am a good boy but I am am also a bad boy. I machined up a carb mounting plate that positions this new China carb just where it needs to be, But I never thought to bring my camera down in the shop to log the project. Sorry for that.
But once the carb was mounted, I slid on a fuel line from the electric pump. Put the power to it running the pump till the carb was full, cycled the throttle a few time, and tapped the starter. It fired instantly and idled smooth. I had an open water hose that went to the carb and it was spewing coolant so I just shut down. good feeling and will be back to it soon. I will get a few after the fact photos up once I get them on the host site.

CharlieNorth

I spent some time this morning working around this new carb. Once I got the coolant hoses done and topped up the fluid I figured it was time to power it up for real, reach in and turn the key on to let the pump run, then to motorize the starter. First spark it was running, smooth proper idle. It is warm out and the choke was half open instantly.
Collected loose tools, set the hood down and climbed in' It just simply drives as it should. I only went around my back yard on the lawn, no airfilter yet. But wow, not even sure if it will need any adjustments.
Best $120 I have spent recently.
Time and season change will really show what this is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz