Mortonm's 2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Well not a great start

currently the bronco is in getting rhe 7MT transmission replaced. Ever since I took delivery it had rhe sounds of rocks rolling around in there, especislly when cold.

There is a lengthy thread on bronco6g with many experiencing rhe same noises. Apparently a TSB is in the works but not officially and mine is already under the knife. Others have had rhe same issues after replacement, so just a roll of the dice It seems

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I have the Bronco back with the new transmission, the report from the dealer is that the transmission fluid was very dark and discoloured after 3700km.

It appears from research elsewhere there is an issue witht he 5th and 6th syncros, so i assume some interference is happening. There is a TSB on the way, guess we will see if this transmission has this issue also...

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I thought you mentioned the transmission is getting replaced?

I seem to recall another member here had the same issue a while back. I believe they ended up trading out of it.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I thought you mentioned the transmission is getting replaced?

I seem to recall another member here had the same issue a while back. I believe they ended up trading out of it.
Oh yeah it's been replaced. 6 days from my appointment to driving again. Hard to complain about that.

If the issue comes back then the TSB should be fully formed by then with a fix

mortonm

Expedition Leader
The sound/grinding came back after barely 600 miles (1000km).

It has been back at Ford for 3 weeks and looks like at least 3 more. There is a fully formed official TSB but apparently its not fixing the issue either. Ford decided to replacement transmission again, so waiting for the the parts to show up.

Not an ideal start, third transmission in 5000 km

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
That's a rough start to owning such an exciting new rig. Hopefully, this is the only issue.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Minor glimmer of hope, the dealer today said they finally had all of the required parts and they are starting to work on it, might have it back today or more likely tomorrow.

Will it fix the problem for good? your guess is as good as mine, some rumours they were redesigning the part but its unlikely that I will be receiving those, so I may have to do this all over again in the future.

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Minor gimmer of hope, the dealer today said they finally had all of the required parts and they are starting to work on it, might have it back today or more likely tomorrow.

Will it fix the problem for good? your guess is as good as mine, some rumours they were redesigning the part but its unlikely that I will be receiving those, so I may have to do this all over again in the future.
That's nuts. Hope it gets resolved for you. Have they at least been supplying you with a loaner while it's been in the shop?

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Unlikely in the world of today.

Inventory is still hard to come by to maintain much of a loaner fleet.

Actually they did, but they also drilled a hole in my tailgate while installing the table so I think the dealer wanted to make sure it was right. Ive had a 4 or 5 year old Hyundai Tucson until a couple days ago it needed an oil change....so I asked for something a bit bigger and now I have an Edge SEL, so thats at least better...

the loaner is from a rental company, over $3k in charges so far ...

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Interesting. Maybe a regional thing?
When we had to have modules reset in our Bronco Sport because it kept going into deep sleep mode, we got a loaner EcoSport.

any issues with the rear seat belt warning light? my wife has a badlands sport and it goes off intermittently and hard to reproduce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior