Most Durable tent for my money?

18trdpro

I am in the process of organizing my camping gear, and i am looking for a new tent. My old tent (a swiss army gear) is ripped and poles are broken. Im looking a tent that comfortably big for 2 people. 60 inches wide minimum. i would prefer 65-72. I use large rectangular sleeping bags. so comfort is a top priority, i dont do backpacking so weight wont be too much of an issue. looking for something that is durable. I want it to last a long time. i average about 40 nights a year camping in different weathers. I would like it to be waterproof.

im a fan of the pop up tents, but im wondering if i can get anything better in the price range of $500-600 USD. Pop up tents ive came across the FrontRunner Pop Up tent and Malamoo X-tra. Living in Los Angeles, not too many camping stores to check out different tents. we have the usual REI and Big 5 stuff. Im sure i can get better quality items than whats offfered in those stores.

Any feedback and help would be appreciated.

OverlandNA

Up your budget a bit for an Oz tent or a canvas range tent which can be set with 4 stakes and 1 center pole.

sn_85

Observer
I'd look into the Oz-Tent, Springbar, or Kodiak Canvas tents if you're spending that much time in one. Those things are durable and time tested. I have an Oz-Tent RV3 and it's definitely stout.

zoom17

Zoom
Take a look at the Eureka Timberline tents. I’ve had my original tent for more than 12 years and it gets hard use. These are the tents that the boy scouts use because of the ease of setup and the durability. They go up quickly and comfortable to sleep in.

18trdpro

ive looked at the OZ Tents, but they a little to big height wise. im looking for a more of a MSR style or Malamoo style. low height but not too low to make in uncomfortable.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
im liking the style of this tent. will take a further look into it. thanks
I think that Tractor Supply sells them and they usually will give you a coupon code for getting on their email list. Would likely bring it down under $600.

18trdpro

looked into that Alpha Kilo 4000. spec wise its kinda big 10' by 10'. plus 30 minutes set up time is a little more than i want.

i have heard that the south african tents are amazing. are there any other recommendations. Maybe something smaller and style was like the Malamoo or FrontRunner pop up tent. dont want a big stand up tent like the Alpha Kilo, maybe when im married and have a family. but at this point in my life, i prefer a smaller footprint with not too long of a setup time. my Ideal tent would be something along the line style was like the Malamoo Xtra but more heavy duty. Also i dont mind pop up tent either.

Superduty

Adventurer
On many trips we are setting up camp in the afternoon and then breaking down the next morning. A 30 minute set up time would be a nightmare. For me, quick set up and take down time is important.

ATC1128

I love my kodiak and picked it up from a member here for 300 bucks. Best tent I've owned and does amazing in foul weather.
bdaeb647614ef68f01e9792a7161a0c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ATC1128

I love my kodiak and picked it up from a member here for 300 bucks. Best tent I've owned and does amazing in foul weather.
bdaeb647614ef68f01e9792a7161a0c2.jpg

It's fast to set up too. Only has 4 poles and 2 flexible carbon rods to keep it right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94