Move to the dark side ....LR3

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
why 2 snorkel's on the D??? And I'll just come out and say it, I think you took a step back in vehicles, that D90 was sweet, and I'm a confirmed non-beliver in LR's...Although I WOULD like that diesel. And those Simex's (anybody know where we can get those in the US)

:1888fbbd:

Last edited:

Aubrey

Observer
4Rescue said:
why 2 snorkel's on the D??? And I'll just come out and say it, I think you took a step back in vehicles, that D90 was sweet, and I'm a confirmed non-beliver in LR's...Although I WOULD like that diesel. And those Simex's (anybody know where we can get those in the US)

:1888fbbd:

The twin snokel was to feed the air hungry super charger ...... without it I lost 50 bhp and sucked oil past the seals into the engine.

LR3 vs D90 ...... the 110 was also a great overland truck but ....

Distances to get to destinations are vast (driving 18 hours a day for a week to get there is not new ....) and with the number of drunk Africans (walking and driving), donkeys and cattle roaming the road at night ....... a recipe for disaster with 50's safety technology. As much as I love my 90's and 110's ..... I love my family more.

The issues with cattle and donkeys ....... see, we Africans don't believe in fences ...... OK, we do but some of the lazier ones remove the wire to build shacks .... so the cattle roam at will. Hitting any large animal is a bad start .....more so at night when visibility is reduced. On top of that we have game that clear 10ft fenches with ease so never a dull moment.

I had to make a call after my crash and decided my family's safety comes first.

Just back in from Zanzibar and will get a trip report up in the next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles