Multi-use Dodge Ram 2500

Dale

Adventurer
This is my new "budget" project. I purchased a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500, 4X4, Magnum 5.9L last October. I initially wanted a diesel but everything I looked at in my price range was well worn and rusted out.
IMG_0026.jpg

Last edited:

Dale

Adventurer
Good, I figured out how to post pictures. The vehicle will primarily be used for my home renovation business and its second function will be a 2 person "hard tent" for overnight slumbers up to two week trips. I am actively involved with a local wilderness search and rescue team and enjoy rock and ice climbing, cross country skiing, caving and mountain biking. I need something I can easily configure after work and arrive at my favorite climbing spot before I start falling asleep. Here is a picture of the LEER contractor cap I picked up
IMG_0032.jpg

I plan on insulating and configuring the interior for a comfortable night sleep over the weekend and still be able to pick up 10 sheets of plywood Monday morning without much effort.
The ladder racks are to be fitted better by a friend who owes me a favor
IMG_0033.jpg

Dale

Adventurer
I also found this bumper and a WARN 8274 (?) in my dad's barn. I really admired it as a kid.
IMG_0029.jpg

A friend of his made it out of steam pipes.
Once my dad accumulated 480,000 miles on his 1980 suburban, it was retired as a farm truck until a heavy snow fall caused the barn roof to collapse crushing the truck. The truck sat in our field for a few years until he finally scrapped it. Luckily, he had cut off the bumpers (there is a matching rear also) before the truck was scrapped.
IMG_0031.jpg

I picked up a barely used WARN cable for $15 yesterday from a guy who switched to a synthetic line. Hopefully, I can resurect the WARN.

Last edited:

chasespeed

Explorer
Those Warns are pretty damn stout.... and parts are available to rebuild them.

Good truck... I have pretty much the same thing.... but, a little farther along(literally, only a little)....

Chase

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I feel your pain! I am shopping for a 94-96 reg cab diesel right now too and every one I find that is decent is gone before I can see it. The rest is beat! Good score on the gas truck though!

Welcome to the Dodge club. Don't sell the 5.9L too short...it may not pull like a big "D" but I have 208k miles on mine and still going strong. They're stout gassers. :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior