Multiple gun purchases???

wesel123

Explorer
hey guys,

Two weeks ago I picked up my Sig 556. I went in today to buy a Springfield XD-9. The dealer said that i cannot dros it until 30 days are up???

I thought this only applied to mulitple handgun purchases.

Thoughts????

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Waiting period? Gun limits? Whats up with that :gunt:

Pretty sure you must be dealing with an odd California law am I correct?

snipecatcher

Adventurer
yessir

In TX, you can buy two handguns on the same day, we just have to fax in a form to the FBI saying that you have done so, and if you pass the background check, you can leave the store that day with your two guns. For rifles, it doesn't matter. You can buy 10 rifles in a day if you want. Or a dozen rifles and one handgun. :rolleyes:

Carlyle

Explorer
Makes me glad I live in Colorado. California is bad for gun laws, but not nearly as bad as Canada. :ar15:

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
cruiseroutfit said:
Waiting period? Gun limits?
"Five day waiting period? But I'm mad now!" -Homer Simpson

The_Simpsons_5F01.png

kjp1969

Explorer
You misunderstand: here in CA, you must buy one handgun per month. They have a great slogan here: "A gun a month is all we ask." :)

But seriously, its a stupid rule. Psychopaths are methodical and plan ahead, anyway.

Kevin

lowenbrau

Explorer
Carlyle said:
Makes me glad I live in Colorado. California is bad for gun laws, but not nearly as bad as Canada. :ar15:

Tru dat

I could buy two handguns on the same day but I'd be lucky if I could get them out to the range within a month.

wesel123

Explorer
Unfortunalty I cant get the wife to leave Communist California... That being said I called the DOJ this morning (guy was very nice an helpfull). I was told that I can not buy more than 1 hand gun in a 30 day period.

So my 556 being a long gun allows me to purchase my XD-9 now.... The DOJ said if the dealer has a question they can call them and tell them the laws.

Still sucks though having to go thru all of this. :mad:

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
The laws re: gun controls have nothing to do with protecting ourselves from psychopaths or other criminals. It has everything to do with allowing us the opportunity to stop tyranny. Odd how "the law of waiting" is propped to protect us from criminals.

"Beware the society that takes your freedoms in the name of your safety."

jh504

Explorer
Schattenjager said:
The laws re: gun controls have nothing to do with protecting ourselves from psychopaths or other criminals. It has everything to do with allowing us the opportunity to stop tyranny. Odd how "the law of waiting" is propped to protect us from criminals.

"Beware the society that takes your freedoms in the name of your safety."

Great point. "Fear the governement that fears your guns." I am sure California is beautiful but in the name of freedom I dont think I will be moving there anytime soon.

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
FourByLand said:
So he needs more than one gun to protect himself???

Would that be from long range or short range? One threat or two? Civilian or Military? Trained threat, or psycho? Semi auto or revolver? Semi auto or bolt action? Synthetic or wood furniture? Dependable mechanical device that will never fail (!), or spare? Hunting or pure defense? Carry it always or leave it at home? Big threat or little threat? Experienced shooter or novice?

It is up to the individual to decide for themselves what, and how much, they need. The Government is made of people. Once people join government, nothing magical happens to them - they are people, now armed with power and agendas. Their ability to decide what is best for us and how we should live our lives is no better than the nosey neighbor down the street or the HOA president.

Being free is not having one choice. :ylsmoke:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles