My 2001 4runner slightly built up

neliconcept

Spirit Overland
I am new here, I thought id post some as I am from Yotatech.com. I have been getting really big into photography (urban or landscape) and hopefully would like to try some wildlife, I have never really done an expedition with my truck or with anyone else before.

my 4runner right now (bought it on impulse) is a 2wd with a lockrite locker in it. Im hoping to do a conversion when funds are very much available. I would like to know as far as some fireroad trails or anything without a lot of mud that would be easy for me to accomplish as of now in maybe Colorado area as Im going out there this march for my spring break and hoping to do some photography and sight seeing and maybe (snowboarding)

here are some current pictures of my truck

startofftruckxn5.jpg

startofftruck2pe1.jpg

startofftruck3gp8.jpg

startofftruck4lt9.jpg

here is some of my photography equipment

I currently have the 30d with battery grip, Canon Elan 7ne film body, sigma 24-70 ex f/2.8 lens, canon 17-85 IS (some overlappage but my sigma works for my film camera) a macro 60mm efs and I also have a cheap 70-300 sigma, hopefully gonna get a 70-200 high quality L lens from Canon.

camerastuffjd3.jpg

tell me what you guys think

I hope to do some more upgrades later on, and I will keep this updated

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Welcome, I know you from yotatech. Nice rig, hope you can get it converted to 4x4, but with the locker and the clearance I'm sure it is plenty capable already.

Good choice on the camera equipment. This is a good place and lots of knowledgeable people.

Jeff:wavey:

neliconcept

Spirit Overland
thank you for the welcome Jeff, I cant wait to start traveling some here and there.

I do have a question, do you have a platform built in the back of your 4runner? I have subs right now but about to get rid of them so i can build the platform hopefully

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
neliconcept said:
thank you for the welcome Jeff, I cant wait to start traveling some here and there.

I do have a question, do you have a platform built in the back of your 4runner? I have subs right now but about to get rid of them so i can build the platform hopefully

Working on a platform now. Nothing too fancy. Basically a wood box which fits between the wheel wells and goes to the back of the seats, a 39-inch square. Made mine to the top of the wells, about 9 inches tall and split it down the middle. Have one drawer made and will make the second drawer when I get another spare morning. Not too interested in a sleeping platform as I have car seats for the kids installed, and a roof-top tent. That and I'm 6-3, so unless I took the seat bottoms out, I'd be tight.

When all is complete, I'll add pics, etc .. to my mod thread.

Take care,

Jeff

Darren

Adventurer
Welcome, and nice looking 'Runner! The silver is my second favorite color and think it looks sharp. Looks like you have a one, or maybe two-inch body lift as well? I also like the sticker in the center of the back window.

As far as open backroads in March around here, the selection is very limited. Even far less so with 2WD, locker or not. I would definitely suggest sticking to the pavement, which is hardly a bad thing for sightseeing. There's still plenty of that to go around.

Willman

jeffryscott said:
Working on a platform now. Nothing too fancy. Basically a wood box which fits between the wheel wells and goes to the back of the seats, a 39-inch square. Made mine to the top of the wells, about 9 inches tall and split it down the middle. Have one drawer made and will make the second drawer when I get another spare morning. Not too interested in a sleeping platform as I have car seats for the kids installed, and a roof-top tent. That and I'm 6-3, so unless I took the seat bottoms out, I'd be tight.

Jeff

Start thread highjack...

Sounds awesome!!! Can't wait to see your platform!!! End of thread highjack!!

:costumed-smiley-007

neliconcept

Spirit Overland
Darren said:
Welcome, and nice looking 'Runner! The silver is my second favorite color and think it looks sharp. Looks like you have a one, or maybe two-inch body lift as well? I also like the sticker in the center of the back window.

As far as open backroads in March around here, the selection is very limited. Even far less so with 2WD, locker or not. I would definitely suggest sticking to the pavement, which is hardly a bad thing for sightseeing. There's still plenty of that to go around.

ahh gotcha, Ive checked out your site and like what you have setup for yours. yes its a 2 inch bodylift. I thought about going down to a 1 inch but I already setup my tjm brackets for the 2 inch so kinda hard to do that.

Im gonna meet up with Ric when I get to Colorado and we may go some places, I cant wait to come out, I may get my 70-200f4L lens before I come out so I can get a little bit more range.

I have a cherrybomb vortex muffler awaiting installation, If I can ill get some videos or sound clips for you guys of that.

durango_60

Explorer
Its pretty amazing what you can do w/ 2wd locked. During my first year of wheeling wheeling my transfer case popped out of 4wd on porcupine rim in Moab and I didn't even realize it since I was a newbie who was so overwhelmed by the whole situation already. I was able to clear every obstacle on the trail, I'm sure it wasn't pretty, but I got home...

Of course having a low range helps a lot as well, I actually have my transfer case rigged so I can just use 2wd low most of the time and only use 4wd if I need it(mostly because I made the mistake of an auto locker in the front end).

neliconcept

Spirit Overland
Thanks guys, Scott, seen some of the buildup of your tacoma and its really sweet

Thanks Durango_60, I really need the assurance though soon that I can really go anywhere. I was thinkin of getting a winch first and then if I get stuck I may be able to get myself out before I can really afford the conversion. conversion wont be much in the way of money as it will be with actually installing it

neliconcept

Spirit Overland
I'll be getting a CBI tire carrier soon for my hitch and i needed a spring that will accommodate that and wont be lower then the front end.

first pic is ome that measured at 40.5 inchs with 33s and 2 inch bl and loadddded down with hi jack, tire, 2 jack stands, subs, hitch, and springs. 43 inchs for that same stuff minus the jack stands and hi jack with the LC coils

4runlift1bp9.jpg

LC coils

4runlift2eo6.jpg

4runlift3yi3.jpg

yes im a picture whore, but i like to share my new "tiny" little mods with everybody

ill be sure to make a writeup of my tire carrier when it comes though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier