My 2004 LJ Unlimited's Journey and time for a refresh

NEwhere

I thought white looked good till i saw a 2004-2006 half cab conversion the other day with all blacked out lights, not sure who did it.

Attachments

• 20190209_171239.jpg
    20190209_171239.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27

NEwhere

So i got some black ones, they are stock quality i am impressed.

Attachments

• 20190316_185722.jpg
    20190316_185722.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 42
  • 20190316_185926.jpg
    20190316_185926.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39

NEwhere

The guy that tinted my jeep who is a big honda civic racing guy said it stuck him that jeeps today are the ricers of the 90's, kinda rings true.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Would that barn door from Gre8ttops, fit a stock top opening?
No. The factory hardtop opening is wider than the tailgate, this barn door is the same width as the tailgate.

I did some design work on a barn door for factory TJ/LJ hardtops some years ago but never built a prototype.

NEwhere

Well instead of paying my buddy to do it, he doesn't have the time at the moment, he spent an hour teaching me all about proper body fill techniques. So now I'm restoring the plastic fenders for my jeep which aren't available for purchase any more.

Couple for days of wiping and sanding and they will be ready for primer. Its like sculpting in a sense.511621511622511624

NEwhere

I don't understand the want of reduced visibility, with all of the distracted drivers amongst us.
I've been adding LED's, to make myself more visible.

I hear you. I have since replaced all bulbs with ones from super Brite leds, made a huge difference enough to counteract the gray lenses.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Jeff, can you talk Gr8tops in buying your JK roof ideas off you please? i am DYING for one!
Gr8Tops omitted many features I designed and implemented for LJ/TJ Safari Cab (removable side panels/optional roll-up soft sides, ability to run only the roof with no sides or rear walls, rear wiper/washer and defroster, easy-install hardtop wiring kit for Jeeps without hardtop wiring, roll-bar roof rack support brackets to support large weights on roof racks, etc.)

If the JK/JKU Safari Cab is to go to market I would like it to include most or all of the features I designed for it.

autism family travels

I think the white top idea is a good one, but I might just be a bit biased.......
and yeah, I get the "looks like an old FJ top" a lot which I find funny as Jeff designed it after the old CJ8 World Cab.

There is a CJ8 with a world cab in a town 30 mins from me. It's tucked away behind someones garage, but I am like an eagle driving through towns, and spot LOTS of old jeep'ness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94