My 2016 frontier build and adventure thread!

Obrianmcc

Observer
So is the rear axle breather extension to keep water out?

That is one function ... I've read that rapid cooling, such as crossing a water body, can create negative pressure inside the diff drawing in contaminates through the seals (ie water). The other is to allow it to vent freely to atmosphere vs through the one way check valve that notably over time corrodes itself shut ... once this happens pressure builds inside the diff venting out the path of least resistance .... being the seals.

Tonia

Thank you for your post! My dad wants to buy Nissan Frontier, so I'm reading and watching reviews on this car at the moment... I've read & watched some useful info here coolcarsnews.com/2016-nissan-frontier It is said that The 2016 Nissan Frontier seats four in King (extended) Cab models and five in Crew Cab models. Which one do you have, and which one would be better? :)

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
I have a crew cab (4 doors). Which one is better depends entirely on what your needs are. If your looking for more cabin and seating space you want the crew cab. I have loaded up three adults in the back seat before with no problem, but it would not be good for a longer trip, pretty tight with three.

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
No new tires yet. Still saving up and mapping out what all I want to do for phase 1. So far I figure Phase 1 will consist of:
1) Topper
2) duratracs or now I'm looking at ******** cepek fun countries. Still can't decide on size either (265-70-16 vs 265-75-16). I know the pro 4x comes stock with 265-75-16's but I have not seen many stock frontiers with more aggressive tires like I'm wanting in the 265-75 size. I know it would look great, but I don't really want to deal with rubbing issues, and not looking to lift right now.
3) Weathertech floor mats
4) Tint
5) blacking out some of the chrome

I have been able to save up quite a bit and have a birthday coming up in April :wings:. So hopefully that will cover the topper and maybe tires. As for right now I have just been enjoying the truck. It's been up in the hills almost every weekend. Love this little truck!!

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
No new tires yet. Still saving up and mapping out what all I want to do for phase 1. So far I figure Phase 1 will consist of:
1) Topper
2) duratracs or now I'm looking at ******** cepek fun countries. Still can't decide on size either (265-70-16 vs 265-75-16). I know the pro 4x comes stock with 265-75-16's but I have not seen many stock frontiers with more aggressive tires like I'm wanting in the 265-75 size. I know it would look great, but I don't really want to deal with rubbing issues, and not looking to lift right now.
3) Weathertech floor mats
4) Tint
5) blacking out some of the chrome

I have been able to save up quite a bit and have a birthday coming up in April :wings:. So hopefully that will cover the topper and maybe tires. As for right now I have just been enjoying the truck. It's been up in the hills almost every weekend. Love this little truck!!

I can guarantee the tires will clear without issue if you run a 265/75. You may have to remove or trim the front mud flaps, but that's pretty minor. The stock Pro4X did come with 265/75s, but they were an awfully short 265/75. Bigger ones will fit though. I'm sure DuraTracs would.

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Great. Well I'm set on that size then. Now just to decide on brand. Anyone have an knowledge of the fun country? I know they are made by cooper and uses their 3 ply design like the stmaxx but other than that have not heard many reviews.

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
First post on this page can answer that question for you. To sum up, it's a more reliable way to let the rear diff breath without letting water in.

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
New skid plates

Hey guys, so I was lucky enough to take advantage of Bijan's awesome deal on the skid plates he as selling. Picked up his stock pro-4x skids and a kickass shrockworks engine skid. Thanks again Bijan, was great meeting you and getting to see your awesome rig!!
Spent last week cleaning, sanding and painting the stock skids and cleaning up the shrock skid. Got them all installed today!! Love having some protection down below especially since I have no plans to lift anytime soon.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Nice! You got the all-important front skid. That's the only one I really think is super necessary. For the most part, the factory skids you picked up will do a good job elsewhere. Only other thing I would consider is a heavier duty trans skid.

colodak

Adventurer
With stock wheels, 265/75-16's will clear just fine, no modification or mud flap removal needed. That's what I have on mine, I'm running the new BFG's, absolutely love them. Since you're in the Denver area, I'll recommend a shop for tinting, A Touch Above located on 120th E. of York in Thornton. They did my windows and the windoors on my topper, great guy, fast, reasonable price, usually scheduling about 10 days out, located behind Safelite Auto Glass.

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Hey guys, so finally found a great deal on Craigslist for a topper. Even better it's already the right color. Have been working on getting it all wired up, all the weather stripping replaced and replacing one of the window screens that is torn. Other than that this top is in great shape. Hope to get a rack system installed sometime soon so I can transport our kayak.

It also has the carpet headliner, which is perfect for starting a patch collection!!

Hope to be getting the Fronty out into the hills soon for some fun and better pics!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz