My 85 palomino bronco project

advwithmason

Hey everyone, new to this forum so I figured id start out with posting my rig.
Hopefully I'm posting in the correct area haha.
started as a craigslist purchase. 1985 palomino bronco. Around 960 pounds dry.
Ive added solar and redone all the plumbing, 110 system, and 12v wiring.
Re located the propane can and used the storage area for tools.
pull out off-road awning. 12v led offload lights on every corner.
Currently finishing out the inside but its been a long project so I scraped some plywood together and got it going enough to camp for now.
I am running it on a 2006 ford f150 fx4 5.4l. I have onboard air and rear air suspension for maximum comfort. I've got a few lights set up on my truck as well as a rally bar and soon a winch. I have a front hitch installed to use my dirt bike carrier up front when im on trips allowing me to ride. Ive got tons left to do. But I hope you all dig what I have done so far!

Attachments

• IMG_5788.jpg
    IMG_5788.jpg
    595 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_5789.jpg
    IMG_5789.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_5787.jpg
    IMG_5787.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 104

GI Pirate

Observer
How did you mount the awning? Tools? I have been terrified to mount anything for fear it will weaken the body or pull through from vibration.
Build looks awesome, I will be painting mine soon.

Atl-atl

Adventurer
How did you mount the awning? Tools? I have been terrified to mount anything for fear it will weaken the body or pull through from vibration.
Build looks awesome, I will be painting mine soon.

I cant speak to his specific Palomino but a lot of campers were set up for awnings from the factory and have wood backing in the area you would be mounting an awning. All three campers I have remodeled were from the mid 80s and had backing right where you'd mount an awning. Id venture to guess his has this or he installed backing so he could mount to it or through bolt it. Aluminum or fiberglass skin would not hold an awning, obviously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior