My first Jeepin' video....Camping trip to Ely, NV

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Well, Last September y'all may remember I posted a lot of pics from our trip up to Ely, NV for Labor Day. I took a ton of video with a little action camera I bought specifically for the purpose of recording jeepin' adventures.

Well, I never sat down and made the video. I finally did. 8 months later. This took a while to make, and it's my first try at doing anything like this. So, please, I welcome feedback. Keep in mind this own some wheelin vid its a road trip video.

It's a little long, 12 minutes, but has a good soundtrack and some nice scenery! You all know how i post the full 'story' of any of my trips, and i attempted to do the same thing with this video. I hope you enjoy it, and again, please feel free to offer feedback so I can do better next time.

P.S. As usual, youtube butchered the quality, but its not too bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygX5E_oUvKo

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I enjoyed it. :) A tiny bit of trimming can help such as pulling into a gas station or other such bits that do not enhance the story,

Who was the artist on the second song? The lyrics about sand blowing across the tracks were great.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
I enjoyed it. :) A tiny bit of trimming can help such as pulling into a gas station or other such bits that do not enhance the story,

Who was the artist on the second song? The lyrics about sand blowing across the tracks were great.

ha, the gas station is an important part of the story. We were literally 1 minute into the movie and I already had to get gas. Gotta love 10mpg.

That video was highly edited and only included EXACTLY what I wanted to put in. This was more of a road trip than a wheelin' trip or anything,and i hope in the future to have more video of actually doing stuff, and less of the highway scenery (though much of it is nice). Depends on the nature of the trip I guess.

That would be The Marshall Tucker Band, the song is Desert Skies. Glad you enjoyed!

teotwaki

Excelsior!
ha, the gas station is an important part of the story. We were literally 1 minute into the movie and I already had to get gas. Gotta love 10mpg.

That video was highly edited and only included EXACTLY what I wanted to put in.

LOL, you asked for feedback!

This was more of a road trip than a wheelin' trip or anything,and i hope in the future to have more video of actually doing stuff, and less of the highway scenery (though much of it is nice). Depends on the nature of the trip I guess. !

Other viewers have no idea you are low on gas. Maybe add a subtitle "Oh no the beast is low on fuel!" For me 12 minutes is too long but it is also too short to support 3 songs; cutting off the last song mid-stride doesn't work well. If you made the video for yourself that is one thing but if you want to entertain others then delete some of the repetition such as talking into a CB mike without us hearing the conversation. The subtitles on the Bug-In-The-Pants incident helped tell the story because the audio was so low.

That would be The Marshall Tucker Band, the song is Desert Skies. Glad you enjoyed!

Good, I thought I recognized the singer and guitar style but was unsure if it was an oldie. My favorite from them is "Heard It In A Love Song". Vintage songs for a vintage truck and trailer :victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier