My Gen 2.5 Journey, a build thread.

Tjtalan

Fox has sells the correct bushings for them. You can get 12mm for the fronts and 14mm for the back.

Extended is 16, collapsed is 11 with a stroke of 5. This is not a bolt in solution, I have some plans for the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tjtalan

Adding shock hoops?

The original plan was to extend the upper mount. Not really a hoop, just give myself a few more inches. But I’m crazy and plans are always changing, something cool is coming. I just don’t know exactly what it will look like yet lol.

The shocks pictured are adventure series. When ordered I thought I was getting performance. So these are going back.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
The original plan was to extend the upper mount. Not really a hoop, just give myself a few more inches. But I’m crazy and plans are always changing, something cool is coming. I just don’t know exactly what it will look like yet lol.

The shocks pictured are adventure series. When ordered I thought I was getting performance. So these are going back.

"Cool" would be a set of RCV's and 8-10 inches of travel, but if you are trying to trim bump stops and/or flip the ball joints save yourself the effort and busted CV's. Best bang for the buck is improving rear travel.

Tjtalan

So this is my change of plans. I’ll just re-valve myself once the truck is at Its heaviest.

PS, the KM2’s took a lot of weight

308188a0d6ecd311f8a8747fc9e7d3b5.jpg

Tjtalan

"Cool" would be a set of RCV's and 8-10 inches of travel, but if you are trying to trim bump stops and/or flip the ball joints save yourself the effort and busted CV's. Best bang for the buck is improving rear travel.

Let’s just say I know how to do things properly. Not my first rodeo. Please keep the wisdom coming.

Tjtalan

Ok, so first impressions of the fun parts so far.

The 4.90 gears...
I had an issue sourcing front parts, so I installed the rears first. After acquiring the fronts I then decided to do air lockers front and rear. So the front installation was put off until the lockers arrive, soon very soon. With the 33in tires my speedo is off about 5mph, and I am at 3k RPM when doing 70 MPH. The truck definitely accelerates harder even with the larger tires.

Tires...
The BFG KM2’s are great, if your going for that actual off-road truck experience. They are amazing in just about every terrain, I have never run them in snow. We went through an entire Mint 400 in a class 1 car without a puncture. They are very noisy, and require a lot of weight to balance.

The shocks...
You can never go wrong with a set of Fox shocks. Obviously for our application they are not offered. So it requires some fun with lengths and part numbers. This set up is about 14.5 inches in the front, and 19 in the rear. I got lucky with the valving on this set, compression is a little stiff but in a good way. The rebound feels perfect. It feels a lot like my old Disco with the heavy duty OME kit. I will re-valve them when my truck is at its final weight.

0275fedefd2253a1d1ddf60480da6273.jpg

Last edited:

Tjtalan

Front/Rear locker’s from TRE. I’m planing on taking some unboxing and instillation videos.

PM me with any TRE questions, I can point you in the right direction.

230ed5fb8456885b0022cfe69f7fb168.jpg

Tjtalan

Rear locker and compressor. The front looks the same just smaller lol. I’m very impressed with the initial quality impression.

1c900dc86de00318751518869d782df5.jpg
03dcaa1734753662a3742c5957151b17.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke