my hunting and family outing rig

tlr

Adventurer
Dont_tread those are just factory hubs or are you asking about the rotors? Thanks Toasty. I've got some BIG plans for her this winter...

DONT_TREAD

Observer
my mistake i thought those were manual locking hubs. awesome build. definitely should post a sound clip of that new exhaust

tlr

Adventurer
Yes I have manual locking hubs from a 1st gen I found in the junkyard. Hmm not sure how to do a sound clip. But she does sound great!

tlr

Adventurer
ADD trailing arm bushings

Installed my ADD trailing arm bushings. I have more pics but can't upload all of them for some reason...
So I'll give a walk through then ad what pics I can. Install at your own risk, this is just an overview.

So pull the trailing arm out and if your lucky enough to have a press or know someone​ that does have the bushings and metal sleeves pressed out. I didn't have this option... So I used a hole saw to drill out the rubber center as close to the outer metal sleeve as possible. Think I used a 2 1/4" hole saw. Repeat till all bushings are out. Once it's drilled out use a hack saw to cut into the metal sleeve. Cut two sections about 1/4" to 1/2" apart. Try not to cut into the arm itself. Once both cuts are made you can use a chisel to drive out the center which will collapse the metal sleeve. Repeat till all metal sleeves are out. Once the sleeve is out clean the area and apply grease to the new bushing. Press the new bushing in, I used a ball joint press you can rent at the auto parts store. Once you've pressed the new bushing in and it's even on both sides move to the next one until you're done. Once all the bushings are installed you're ready to install the trailing arm following the specs in the fsm.

tlr

Adventurer
On a side note. If you're​ planning a panhard bar swap now is the time to do it with the bushings. The bolt on the driver's side panhard bar needs the trailing arm dropped to replace it. At least that was my experience...

bamaexplorer

Observer
Well it's been a long time since I've updated this thread. Wanted to show some pics of my fishing rod holder if anyone likes to carry poles in their rig.

Id like to know more about the rod holder setup.
Looking for a setup like this.

tlr

Adventurer
Well the bow part is a flat stick of aluminum I got at Ace hardware, think it was a 8' stick I cut in half. I drilled a hole in each end that the rear most grab handle bolts would go through. I pick up a pair of side mount rod holders that I then attached to the aluminum. I've put all sorts of rods up there and never had any issues. I think I spent around $35 for the setup. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

tlr

Adventurer
No just been working on other parts of the rig and I'm not really sure on the style I want yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier