My Journey

tgil

Yukon, I just thought I enjoyed Jerry's writing...I loved reading your recap! Make the best of it, girl! Enjoy your human as long as you can!

Now I gotta go see if I can find something to take for my allergies that have suddenly flared up! Can't hardly see out of my eyes!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

longhorn1

Observer
Never easy. This brings back those memories, and the tears. Last Tuesday I got a call from our breeder. Due to her health she has stopped breeding labs but has been involved with a breeder raising labs for service dogs. Sarah's daughter was sent out of state 1-1/2 years ago and 2 litters produced 3 puppies and 8-10 stillborn. Our breeder was upset and said they were going to get her and asked us to Foster her and then adopt her. They want to breed her in a controlled environment and have the pups delivered by C-Section. Hard to pass on helping, especially, since it is Sarah's daughter from her last litter. Our dogs are special and when they leave us there is a void like no other. We will be thinking of you and Yukon❤❤

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
With 157 pages of such well written notes and enjoyable pictures here, this very touching story of one man’s travels with his best pals could easily be turned into a book, even if only a self published one. Something to think about....

Sticky9

Cameo by Yukon?!? With near pupfect grammar as well? What a treat! Wishing you the best Yukon!! My female dog, Little Lilly, her favorite food is french fries. So on her birthday her and my male dog, Jack, get to split some McDonald's fries as well. Jack is a bacon fan so that's what they get on his birthday. Sending all the love your way Yukon!!

Hey peoples.....it's me again.....Yukon !

A very special thank you to everyone that said hey ! The internet is a funny place cause I don't even knows you all but I feel like I do.....ain't that crazy.....

So Jerry says that he's retiring and that I'm taking over My Journey. He says it's my time to shine ! Now I've heard him say to peoples in the past that "the world doesn't revolve around you" or "everything's not about you". But now he says that isn't always true. As a matter of fact, he says its the exact opposite right now. Peoples sure are complicated.....

Yesterday we just hung out in the city.....I'm taking my new medicines and I noticed that Jerry keeps studying me all the time looking for the miracle.....I sure hope (there's that word again.....hope) he knows what it looks like.....

Yesterday afternoon Jerry lifted me into the backseat of the truck so that I could rest a bit without any disturbances of any kind. He put all the windows down for me and I could easily see from my bed this most beautiful sky and it was just a perfect day, and eventually I fell into a deep sleep. Jerry said he was going to the ice cream shop to work on his old computer cause he wanted to retrieve some of my puppy pictures. He said when he came back I was snoring so loudly and he was laughing.....I blame the medications for that ! It was good to see him laugh again.....he's sad too much right now.....

Anyhow he whispers into my ear "I brought you some special treats baby dog" (that's my nickname and I loves it). Well, he had brought me 3 huge Bully sticks AND 2 hamburgers from Burger King.....I was thinking am I dreaming again ? Look at me kill those burgers.....that ain't no dream.....

20200107_154131-1200x2469.jpg

20200107_154155-1200x2469.jpg

Jerry said he was mildly successful in retrieving my baby pictures and I want to share a few of them with you.....

First off is my mom and all my brothers and sisters. Look at how some of us are black and some of us are white. Dogs are not like peoples.....we don't care what color you are.....we are all the same. Jerry says that that is one of the many reasons that dogs are better than peoples.....

Picture 076-1600x1064.jpg

Picture 083-1600x1064.jpg

Next are pictures of the first peoples that I'd ever seen. Jerry says that these peoples are very, very special to him and you know what.....I agree. We try to visit them every year and its been almost 12 years now. We love them so very much.....

Picture 066-1600x1064.jpg

Picture 067-1600x1064.jpg

And then there's me.....I was born in St. Ignatius, Montana on May 26, 2008. I'll never forget the day I first saw Jerry. I hear him say "I want a female" and the human man grabbed me by the scruff of the neck and said "here's one" and then Jerry says "I'll take her" and just like that I said goodbyes to my family and I got into his truck and we drove straight to Alaska ! Oh Lord.....

Picture 332-1600x1064.jpg

Picture 330-1600x1064.jpg

Anyhow Jerry says he's taking me to another special place today. I'm really excited about that. I mean who doesn't love a special place.....

Picture 090-1600x1064.jpg

Picture 091-1600x1064.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning.....Yukon here.....

So.....I want to tell you about that "special place"..... it turns out that it wasn't a "place" but it was a whole day of a sequence of places ! You see Jerry just put us in the truck, and Tanner and I laid down in the most comfortable bed that man has ever built and we just drove all day long. I think Jerry knew that I was tired and in lots of pain.....again I don't know how he knows these things but I know that he does.....

20200108_085846-2469x1200.jpg

20200109_092858-1200x2469.jpg

Now I just loves a day spent doing nothing but driving in the truck. I loves it just as much as I do running down the Mexican beaches, splashing through the cool waters of the Pacific Ocean and chasing the never ending flocks of seagulls.....or hiking the winding, rocky mountain trails of Alaska. I loves it just as much as swimming in an ice cold crystal clear lake of northwest Canada.....or kayaking down a Montana river and jumping out and flowing along with the rapids. I loves it just as much as chasing deer and elk in the 14,000 foot high snow covered mountains of Colorado.....or simply watching the wild horses graze along the shores of the Chesapeake Bay. And I loves it just as much as I do laying in bed with Jerry when he scratches me behind my ears and whispers I love you a thousand times.....maybe a million.....

20200109_101916-1200x2469.jpg

Jerry didn't take a single picture of that trip.....it lasted all day. We stopped often and Jerry would get out and he'd stare into the mountains and valleys and I wondered if he was thinking about us and our amazing life together.....I'm pretty sure he was cause his eyes were always tearing when he got back into the truck. Eventually we came to a big city and we stopped at a Starbucks for a couple of Puppucinos.....

20200108_150737-2469x1200.jpg

20200108_150644-2469x1200.jpg

It was a wonderful way to end our days travels.....

20200108_150652-2469x1200.jpg

That night we slept in a trailhead parking lot and as the sun began to sleep.....

20200109_072313-1600x778.jpg

.....Jerry and Tanner hiked to the top of Silly Mountain.....

20200108_170420-1600x778.jpg

I was restless again that night and at 1 a.m. I asked Jerry to take me out for a walk on the trail and together we admired the nearly full moon rising in the eastern skies.....

20200109_204710-1600x778.jpg

As Jerry has aged he often talks about how thankful he is for all that he has been given in his life.....I too am thankful for my wonderful life.....

20200109_121857-1600x778.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior