My last hurdle - condensation

TantoTrailers

Thanks for the info!

As I sit here without much to work on with the current 1.0 build...I am picking at things that probably don't need to be picked at but I found this article regarding 90* elbows decreasing the fuel pump tick noise by "up to" 10dB. Any idea if that is worth it?

luthj

Engineer In Residence
The hose loops perform the same function when installed right. The pumps plunger moves parallel to the fittings. An elbow or a loop prevents that motion from being transmitted to the line, which amplifies is. You want to suspend the line away from the loop so it can move freely.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
You might appreciate this. Its a custom wifi enabled controller for chinese diesel air heaters.

TantoTrailers

You might appreciate this. Its a custom wifi enabled controller for chinese diesel air heaters.

Yeaaaaaaaa you had to didn't you? Haha! I have caught this out of the corner of my eye when browsing the facebook groups for the chinese diesel heaters and I just have been telling myself NO! How awesome would it be to have Bluetooth control of the heater?...semi-awesome at least! If I get really bored this winter this may be a thing!.......now how do I buy one?

luthj

Engineer In Residence
The guy is doing them in small batches right now. I think you can contact to get on the waiting list.

TantoTrailers

And that’s how I ended up on the waitlist...

while I wait I can’t help but keep at it. I reduced the pump noise significantly with some Velcro strips and mesh cable wrap. Also got underneath and buttoned up the lines and covered them in corrugated cable housing. Ran some coil housing on the stretch that reaches the tank. This can now handle some abuse.

small edit: there is velcro wrapped around each of the tubes in a figure 8 pattern going through the zip tie on the wall, this helps with isolating the noise from the wall.
B9AF7B1A-B1A8-4883-BD13-14DA45E2F2EC.jpeg

8D9F4B2F-E02B-408F-BA1F-775814024C56.jpeg

8888A42C-D5BA-4C24-9D57-606DF10A3AEA.jpeg

Last edited:

luthj

Engineer In Residence
You can also try suspending the pump in a vertical orientation. The output needs to face up. Adding mass to the pump helps. For example a bag of ceramic beads, BBs, or lead shot works.

TantoTrailers

While I wait for the fancy pants controller possibility I did randomly stumble upon a version that shuts off the LCD display after some time of inactivity. This will be nice as the screen can be a bit bright and it won't add to draining the battery while not in use. I'll report back how it goes. One thing to note, each controller comes with slightly different default settings so I have to be careful not to install a controller with default settings that are outside of the range that the particular heater was designed for. I am going to note down the default settings for both heaters I have with their respective controllers and make sure to keep those settings regardless of the controller in use. For the sake of note taking: admin passwords are 1688 and 9009 depending on controller model (there is one model that no one knows the code for yet that I have found).

This one shuts off after inactivity:

TantoTrailers

I needed to add some air return vents from the cabin to the galley as on full blast the heater was creating some serious negative pressure in the galley with the door closed. I found a couple of clean looking closet vent covers for a 2" opening so I drilled 2 holes. I added some register filter so I dont get mosquitos in there easily. Ended up looking nice and clean. I also set up my Bluetooth temp/humidity sensors in the cabin and galley, it will be nice to have that data.

20191223_205514(1).jpg

20191223_205421(1).jpg

Screenshot_20191223-213212(1).png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles