My SAS Mazda B2600 Diesel Expedition project

3 years and 30k miles now with not a single failure, I'm loving this thing!!!

That's good to hear. I have been loving my 4d56 crate motor swap as well. These little crate motors are a fantastic. I can cruise at 80mph all day long on the freeway. I don't have to worry about downshifting on mountain passes or when passing on the freeway. I just step on it and it goes. It looks like you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
That's good to hear. I have been loving my 4d56 crate motor swap as well. These little crate motors are a fantastic. I can cruise at 80mph all day long on the freeway. I don't have to worry about downshifting on mountain passes or when passing on the freeway. I just step on it and it goes. It looks like you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

What did you put it in?

What did you put it in?

I put it in a fully restored 1983 Mitsubishi Pickup.

12739445434_a9bedeb40e_b.jpg

12739064413_f59fbd7c26_b.jpg

12739376564_b00398bca3_b.jpg

The_Dude

Adventurer
I just picked up a 89 single cab 4x4 5spd with considerably more mileage. Cool little trucks.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432586926.287864.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Dude

Adventurer
They are 16" Tacoma wheels I got for 100 bucks with very worn tires. They will get me through the summer at least. They are plasti dipped. So we will see how they hold up.

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
I finally got around to making a real rear bumper to match the front one that I had made years ago. No more ugly chrome!

IMG_0096-M.jpg

Last edited:

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
Here's my latest project, I'm going to install a Mitsubishi Montero rear axle into my Mazda.

Here's why...
factory air locker
huge 9.5" ring gear
31 spline axles
disc brakes
the correct ratio for my truck
the correct bolt pattern for my truck
the correct width for my truck

I will have to cut off the coil spring mounts and install leaf spring perches but that's no problem

This axle is proven to be super strong and over built.

It's a little rusty but otherwise in good shape, the gear oil still looks new.

IMG_0182-L.jpg

I even picked up the little self regulating air compressor to operate the locker.

IMG_0183-L.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles