My new 02 double cab/intro

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Hopefully I was able to post a picture of it today in the snow.

After drooling after the DCs since 2001, I finally found the one I wanted. Stock except for the Husky Liners, snow tires/rims and ARE bed cover. I plan to leave it stock since I live on the wrong coast for expedition get aways, but I am looking into sliders (bolt on vs weld on?), better skid plates and a larger tire on stock TRD 4x4 suspension. My wife and I did several trips in my old 91 Toyota truck including the Outer Banks, Core Banks and surf casting beach and camping trips, and we plan to do a little more traveling in this. Mostly in the northeast and hopefully Colorado in 2008. (maybe the pangaea-expeditions great divide trip)

Jay in Rochester, NY
02 Tacoma DC - my dd
98 4Runner - wife's dd
74 FJ40 - painted rust

KMR

Adventurer
Hi Jay:wavey:

'Bout time you showed up here.
(Jay lives about a mile from my wife and I and is our official, unofficial local Toyota club organizer)

Does not mean I will vouch for him though..........

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Yes on TLCA

Yes we are both TLCA members, in fact our whole "club" are members. I don't think GCLC has Buffalo or Rochester members (it's about 6 hours to NYC in a Cruiser) but I have attended the last 3 Coal Mine Cruiser Classics! and they are a great bunch of guys.

DaveInDenver

Expedition Leader
mtnbike28 said:
Yes we are both TLCA members, in fact our whole "club" are members. I don't think GCLC has Buffalo or Rochester members (it's about 6 hours to NYC in a Cruiser) but I have attended the last 3 Coal Mine Cruiser Classics! and they are a great bunch of guys.
Yeah, I knew it was a long way. Just seems I remember reading about some long distance members a club in the NE. Maybe some of the Yankee Toys guys drive a long way or something. Whatever, just a brain fart really. Nice Double Cab.

If you want to keep it stock, you must get the replacement coil overs by your choice of company (SAW, King, donohoe) everything remains stock excpet you get a 2.5 lift and a better ride and you can fit some 285's. I just got mine and it was money well spent

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Updating my truck...

I have put on a Ranch brand cap, 31 inch tires on older stock rims, Firestone air bags, Trail Gear sliders, and the just built rear storage.