My New Fuso FGB71 All Terrain Warriors "Universal Warrior" Slide on Mega Camper

corrupt

Observer
very nice
Not to start trouble or take anything away from your camper but before you delete you particulate filter check what the fine is for deleting emissions, then way it up whether it is worth the risk.
You need to remember your driving a truck now so the rules are regularly enforced in pull over bays on main roads and the fines are big.
Deleting the erg i can understand as you can not easily tell it has been done but deleting the filter is very very easy to tell as your truck will have a black exhaust tip instead of being clean and will puff a bit of smoke when you put your foot down.
Just something to think about.

Last edited:

dlh62c

Explorer
ECU West (http://ecuwest.com.au/) are fitting a DPF and EGR delete re program to the FTS800 on Sat through one of their agents. I think they also do re mapping.

Build looks great!

Considering that the DPF also serves as a silencer or muffler, what do they plan to replace it with?

Make sure you retain all the take-off parts, you will need them again someday.

Last edited:

Karl of Oz

Observer
Hey guys, (corrupt and dlh62c) I haven't deleted anything. I have had a DC Chip from Berrima Diesel fitted by the dealer during pre-delivery, that's all. I think you are referring to Tourboy's post at this top of this page and his truck??

I've yet to learn all about DPF and other electronic mystery boxes. I'm just moving out of the dark ages from my 75 series cruiser that simply spews black stuff all over push bike riders as it motors along.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Hi Karl

Overtook you on the highway near Caboolture today. The truck looks amazing now that it's finally done.. Congrats.

Tourboy

Observer
Hey guys, (corrupt and dlh62c) I haven't deleted anything. I have had a DC Chip from Berrima Diesel fitted by the dealer during pre-delivery, that's all. I think you are referring to Tourboy's post at this top of this page and his truck??

I've yet to learn all about DPF and other electronic mystery boxes. I'm just moving out of the dark ages from my 75 series cruiser that simply spews black stuff all over push bike riders as it motors along.

Yeah, my main motivation was spinefex and other desert grasses are extremely flammable, It nearly started a fire once, that was enough for me to delete the DPF. I can undo it if necessary later on.

Karl of Oz

Observer
Hi karl,Do you have any photos of the finished product :coffee:

I've got a few but it seems not much inside! All Terrain Warriors took heaps and there are some good ones on their face book page. I will add a few I took here and will take some more in the next day or so of the inside. There are "similar" looking campers designs around but none come near this one for space, layout, fit-out, and quality. I only got home late last night and straight to work today so haven't had time to really go through anything yet....only "achievement" was to pair my phone to the media system!
Karl

IMG_2820.jpgIMG_2823.jpgIMG_2825.jpgIMG_2826.jpgIMG_2840.jpgIMG_2842.jpgIMG_2844.jpg

oh and Whatcharterboat.....I remember you guys now out of Caboolture. We experienced heaps of people looking at it as we drove along. Stopped at BCF to buy gas bottles and about 7 people wanted a close up, took us an hour to get out of there!

Attachments

• IMG_2814.jpg
    IMG_2814.jpg
    573.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2816.jpg
    IMG_2816.jpg
    573.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2818.jpg
    IMG_2818.jpg
    567 KB · Views: 119

Karl of Oz

Observer
So far its getting 5.7 km/lt (17.5/100 km) fuel usage. With the DP chip it is very smooth, 4th gear easily drives from 40km/h to 90km/h. 5th gear will work from about 50 if loping along. It seems to eat hills with ease much better than my 4.2 Landcruiser. All up weight (unloaded) is about 5200 kg.

So much room inside.

Karl of Oz

Observer
Well we were still trying to learn how to drive it so were taking it relatively easy. Driving to Sydney involves the freeway so once on that we were doing 90 - 100 (the average was probably less).
But....Alicia twice reported that the instrument panel lit up red with a warning and everything appeared to shut down. I didn't notice anything but she said it lost power. It never happened during my driving stints so wasn't sure what it was. Anyway when I was looking into the DP chip I rang the supplier and had a bit of a chat. He offered to run it on the dyno at some stage so for peace of mind I rang him. it turned out the truck is too big for the dyno but he suggested he check the DP CHIP install done by the dealer. Today I drove down to Berrima (about 2 hours) and was getting along at around 100km/h with the occasional moment slightly above (not intentional officer....er it is a "rate per hour" you know!) and low and behold I got the red warning and it shut down momentarily. This happened twice.
When I got to Berrima and reported this the distributer opened up the engine bay (ah..so that's where it is!) and immediately identified that the dealer had set the chip at its maximum output. These chips have 3 ranges, each with either a fine gain, medium gain, or course gain adjustment. My one had been set on course gain 2 which was the highest. He suggested the problem was that it was touching on the outside of the engines parameters set by the factory. He likes to stay within those parameters. It is likely that since the vehicle is now loaded (it was just a tray when it was fitted) it is working harder and is close to the area where it is on the edge of its normal operating limits. He advised it should be set at the standard out of the box setting which is best for that motor. He has set it to that and I cant really notice much difference. I can always tweak it up bit by bit when fully loaded using the fine gain if I want but I'll leave it as is for now. He recons it will fix the problem, and that perhaps the dealers mechanics were a little over exuberant! It went well on the way home. I sat on 100km/h, my economy had dropped to 5.6km/l on the way down, it went back up to 5.7 on the way back for a while but I was steaming along so it ended the day at 5.6.
He didn't charge me for his time by the way!
Karl

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
If it were me I would be looking at the stored error codes and confirming exactly what the ECU was unhappy about.

riptilyaflip

What did they come up with for the "special sprung tray?"
I'm building a similar concept truck and would like to see their solution to protecting the camper box.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
ATW have been using a spring mount system for builds on these trucks, be it a bus body, motorhome or tray back, for many years now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz