my new lighting!

19psi

The Devil Made Me
it's not done yet; i still have floodlights to the sides and rear to wire up.

IMG00194.jpg

19psi

The Devil Made Me
the front's are Harbor freight 8" HID lights. the uppers are Hella 500's, two of which i converted to HID, going to do the other pair shortly. I'm using NAPA tractor rectangular flood lights for the sides and rear which remain to be wired up. these things are fantastic and use a standard H3 bulb which means HID could be installed in them as well.

alexfm

Explorer
how do you like the Harbor Freight HID's? I've been looking at getting some of those for my Jeep.

bobc

Question regarding your Harbor Freight lights. I just bought a set and was wondering, did you use any kind of a headlight relay with these lights? The reason I am asking is the wires coming out the back of the lights seems fairly small guage.

jnelson4x4taco

Adventurer
Do you guys have a link to those HF lights? I looked on the site but cant find them. Or do you have pics of them off from the front and side? Im trying to get an idea of their size to see if they will fit on my bumper.

Im interested to see what you have to say about their quality too.

bobc

Northern Tool lights

The stock number for the lights is #18813. Unit price when I got them on 3/4/10 was $10.79. HF's phone number is 1-800-222-5381.

19psi

The Devil Made Me
from what i knjow, those HF lights were being closed out a couple months ago, i got them for $60 ea., reg. price was $110 i believe. so far so good with them, haven't had a chance to get out in the deep dark to try them out.
i can take some closer pics of them for size comparison.

I did make a harness for them with a relay for maximum performance and safety.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94