rangerdogg

Adventurer
image.jpgHere's my new camper , need somthing bigger
Hard to find on east coast . And it's been here since new
couple towns over. In great shape . Got it for a steal . Haven't used it yet
bought it at end of summer. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

rangerdogg

Adventurer
Happy Kemper, its on mine 01 tundra. Subterran I keep following your build. I went camping this fall and noticed we needed more room with our addition of my Almost 2year old soon. It was colder for that time of year also. Here is comp of both campers. My shadow cruiser was 84 w x87 L and was 850 from factory but it seemed heavier. The grandby is 80w x 96 l and weigh 700lbs from factory. The Granby feels a lot bigger then my old camper.I found it 2 towns over. They are very rare in north east . I got it for a awesome deal . it was hardly used. Its got a sink with eel pump, stove, fridge.heater, artic pack ,2 fantastic fans and 8' awning. I have used it once and can't wait to use it more. If you have a question about combo let me know but if its negative please keep to yourself. Like subterran said a lot of neigh Sayers out there. Will tell you it seems a lot lighter on my truck and I had new leafs with a extra leaf put on when I had the old camper . I will tell you its simple design and great lay out.

rangerdogg

Adventurer
Don't have any from when it was on but it sits on tailgate like yours . It was made for a f250 back then so about5" above roof . Tundras have lower cab hieght. But I will say it feels a lot lighter then my old one. I always like seeing your moods.this year I will get some up . I have seen a older grand by on same year as mine on line.

Canufixit

Observer
Ok, I'm jealous! Nice find. I spent approx. 6 mo looking for a small popup truck last fall in NE and visited a half dozen "really" rough campers and finally settled on a 86 Skamper in decent shape. Yours looks great!

rangerdogg

Adventurer
To bad I posted my cruiser here it was it great shape when I sold it. Guy bought it from Rhode Island . What town you in

rangerdogg

Adventurer
A few more word of my experience so far. The hydrolic jacks are the best lifts awesome. The panel lifts verse krank up I do think I like krank up better . The camper has no inverter so we will see if that all work for now. As of now stay at nice campground with a lot of space between site no off grid yet. Solar will come someday. I'm going to use camper for year and see if I want to make any changes. The two fantastic fans are awesome and will be great in summer. The main frame seems a lot better then the wood more stable. Really love layout. I know some people complain about slider cabinets but it saves space on opening doors . The door is bigger then old camper which is nice. I need to add screening to vents like I did to my old camper for fridge to keep any and bees out , recommend that to everyone easy mod . Only thing don't like is front window is too big . I had the old propane tank recertified for $25 verse buying new one for I think $250, and it's good for 5 years. That's all I have for now. Happy camping

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior