My Patrol, Anyone have been bring a Nissan Patrol to US?

jdlsantos

Hello, Guys, I am new on the forum, I dropped here checking on Internet, I saw that on the forum many people now about the Nissan Patrol, and this is wonderful, because most of the people don’t know about Patrols.

Well the point is that, I am locate on PA, USA and I want to bring here a Nissan Patrol (see the pics below) from Venezuela. I bought this vehicle just to wheel on expeditions, on my patrol, I was visit, almost all green routes of Venezuela, North of Brazil and few of the north east of Colombia. Now I want to bring here and keep wheeling but apparently is a really spend project, bring a non USA vehicle to here.

I would like to know if any of yours know about a bring a non USA vehicle to USA? Follow the internet information is difficult and spend.
I will appreciate any info or support.

Is a Nissan Patrol GU Y61, 2007, 4.8 ltrs, 5 speed sequential, 2.5" Lift OME, ARB bumper, Winch15000lbs, Rear LSD, OEM subtank, Double battery system, ARB freezer, on boar air system, top tend. 285-75-r17 Destination MT, IPF light, OEM HID.

thanks

Attachments

• DSC01533 (Large).JPG
    DSC01533 (Large).JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC00986 (Large).JPG
    DSC00986 (Large).JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC01551 (Large).JPG
    DSC01551 (Large).JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 174
  • CIMG4073 (Large).JPG
    CIMG4073 (Large).JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC00680 (Large).JPG
    DSC00680 (Large).JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 99
  • CIMG4257 (Large).JPG
    CIMG4257 (Large).JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 138

Hootowl

Observer
To import a non-USA vehicle into the USA, the vehicle has to be 25-years old or more. Anything younger, well it gets weird.

Toyotero

Explorer

Lynn

Expedition Leader
The info above is good, assuming you are talking about PERMANENTLY bringing the vehicle in.

From the sound of your post I assume you are new to the US. Please pardon me if I'm wrong. Are you a permanent resident, or temporarily in the US? If you are here on a temporary basis, you may be able to bring the vehicle in for the duration of your VISA.

Oh, and nice truck! We need more of those here!

OzX

Adventurer
The info above is good, assuming you are talking about PERMANENTLY bringing the vehicle in.

From the sound of your post I assume you are new to the US. Please pardon me if I'm wrong. Are you a permanent resident, or temporarily in the US? If you are here on a temporary basis, you may be able to bring the vehicle in for the duration of your VISA.

Oh, and nice truck! We need more of those here!

I brought a 25 y/o Land Rover here and it was still a pain in the rear. My suggestion is to hire a Customs Broker - worth every penny.

jdlsantos

Thanks for the replies,

<Lynn>
Yes Temporary import is most easy and cheaper, but they only allow for one year. (I would like to bring at least 4 years, I am studying request supports to Nissan, but I have to have something good to offers them, and I don’t know any Nissan people)

<Toyotero>
Gracias for the links, I read those and other dozen more, but not solid conclusion, It means theoretically the vehicle have to be compliant with EPA and NTHSA, EPA (OBD2 ) no big deal (I am not sure it is not OBD2, have the same connector but the standards scan tools, not work, but I know that have cat and oxygen sensor, maybe a different protocol), but NTHSA (is the headache, most of the parts of the vehicle have to have a small letter engrave “DOT” ) I can tell that 50% is compliant but the other 50%.

<OzX>
Yes, you right, the best way is using a custom broker, but I was told to some of them and they usually bring sport car, not 4x4 and they are not familiarize, they not are sure about if is possible or not, until they see the vehicle, but they recommend first request help to Nissan (a letter from the manufacture talking about EPA & NTHSA)

hehehe, any way, I am optimistic and I will keep trying and looking for the way.

Thanks you again

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
It will be very expensive to do if not 25yrs old. It can be done but will cost you a ton of money.

You are just better off importing a 25yr or older Patrol. In 2012 that means the GQ or Y60 series can be brought in. GQ/Y60 = SFA, diesel engines, somewhat modern body & interior, coil sprung suspension all around unless it is a Ute/pickup than leaf springs.

I would love to have a GU/Y61 in the USA and would pay a lot for the right one. But it is not worth the coin to make it USA street legal, I am talking $20-50 grand!

I have seen at least one GU in the USA for sale. It was on ebay a few years back. SWB with the 3L diesel (worst engine) and was from Europe, had something like 90k on it. Price tag was $35usd and no idea if it was really legal.

Being from SOuth America I am sure you know what a Patrol costs and adding half the cost of the truck or doubling the cost of the truck to have it in the USA...well lets just say it isn't a popular idea!

jdlsantos

Yes look like is a ton of money.
Somebody talk me that saw one Y61 in FL, since that conversation, I keep my eyes opened.

It will be very expensive to do if not 25yrs old. It can be done but will cost you a ton of money.

You are just better off importing a 25yr or older Patrol. In 2012 that means the GQ or Y60 series can be brought in. GQ/Y60 = SFA, diesel engines, somewhat modern body & interior, coil sprung suspension all around unless it is a Ute/pickup than leaf springs.

I would love to have a GU/Y61 in the USA and would pay a lot for the right one. But it is not worth the coin to make it USA street legal, I am talking $20-50 grand!

I have seen at least one GU in the USA for sale. It was on ebay a few years back. SWB with the 3L diesel (worst engine) and was from Europe, had something like 90k on it. Price tag was $35usd and no idea if it was really legal.

Being from SOuth America I am sure you know what a Patrol costs and adding half the cost of the truck or doubling the cost of the truck to have it in the USA...well lets just say it isn't a popular idea!

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Yes look like is a ton of money.
Somebody talk me that saw one Y61 in FL, since that conversation, I keep my eyes opened.

There seems to be some not so legal trucks coming in through Florida, mostly Land Cruisers. I tried to contact one of these guys selling them for info or assistance and got no reply.

My advice is do it legal or don't do it at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles