My summer Adventure...All Over California

MojaveMike

Man of the Mojave
[youtube]6kdjxbgpAu8[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kdjxbgpAu8

So i just finished my summer vacation this weekend. We spent 2 weeks on the road and wow what a trip! We got to go to a concert, fireworks at Lake Crowley, CA, 14 nights of camping from Home to Oregon.

We headed up to Lake Crowley for a concert and fireworks for the 4th. We spent 3 nights camping out at June Lake which was spectacular. I got to meet up with a friend from work and we wheeled some on some easy trails in the area. We had a blast and even had a cook out at our camp site. We hit Yosemite and Fished in Tioga Pass. We headed north to Reno and Virginia City, NV. In Reno I got a new tattoo and in VC we roamed the streets of the old western town. We wheeled around some of the local hills and even found some old miner graves.

Pressed on north through Susanville and McCloud CA to the coast of Eureka, CA. After a night on the beach we headed up to Oregon and checked out the beaches there and then doubled back through the Coastal Redwoods. We decided to try for Crater lake, OR when I found a road to a creek that I heard had a rare trout. Thats when things took a turn for the worse. On a mountain road about 15 miles from the highway. I hit a washed out part of the trail at about 25-30 MPH which jammed my steering rack and knocked off my alignment. With no power steering I limped the truck back to the highway and decided to head back to the nearest service facility all the way back in Carson City, NV. I stopped by the Tires Plus location in Reno on the way to try to align the truck. The folks there were nice enough to HAMMER DOWN my cam tabs to lay the cam over it to try to get it into spec (******!!!!). So next punch...even after talking on the phone with the service department before we left, when we got there they said that they didn't have time for a couple of days to look at it. So fairly fed up with having my vehicle purposefully damaged due to laziness and driving 400 miles for nothing. I decided I should just buy a new truck.

So, since I wasn't going to drive it all the way home through the mountains like this I decided to buy another truck and tow it home. We looked at a few Tundras but, only one had all the features I wanted. So we packed back up and headed off to look at it. We decided on a 2011 Tundra 4x4 crewmax with 20k miles on it. It even had the Pro Comp lift already on it. So after some dealing we walked away with a good deal on a new truck and towed the 4runner back.

Summer+Leave+2014+-+128

We dropped the 4runner off at home and headed back up to the mountains for one last adventure. We camped on the Kern River with the pop up tent in the bed. We found a nice spot with a waterfall down a rock face which we used our float tubes to slide down. We also hiked into the golden trout wilderness for some fly fishing. After a long day, we camped again and grabbed lunch at the brewery before heading out.

[youtube]kEdHAgXfiH0[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEdHAgXfiH0

3 Toyota 4x4s now :p
14+-+1

14+-+3

Summer+Leave+2014+-+19

Summer+Leave+2014+-+126

con kso

Adventurer
Nice truck! I've got a 4x4, '07 Tundra and it's been a reliable and comfortable vehicle to lay on the miles. I put ride-rite airbags on it and that's made it a haul-beast for me. Enjoy it.

Big50

Adventurer
Looks like an awesome adventure. Bummer about the damage but the new truck looks bad azz!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz