My yellow Jeep LJ build up

rich1833

Observer
I used my Camera phone with these setting for all pics.
No Flash
Focal Length: 4.8mm
White Balance: Auto
Aperture 2.0
Exposure time: 1/15
ISO: 1600

No Lights

Low Beam Headlights

High Beam Headlights

Hella 4000

rich1833

Observer
Same Settings as before just different location.
No Flash
Focal Length: 4.8mm
White Balance: Auto
Aperture 2.0
Exposure time: 1/15
ISO: 1600

Low Beams:

High Beams:

Low Beams and Hella 4000:

High Beams and Hella 4000:

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
Thought I would make a post on stuff I carry in the jeep all the time. If you see something I'm missing let me know.

First is my First Aid kit.

I use this bag from Walmart fishing dept. it has clear ziplock bags (hold plastic fishing worm) the allow easy viewing of whats inside.
1st pocket: Ibuprofen, Benadryl, Aspirin and Pepto-Bismol
2nd pocket: 2x Quikclot Sport 25 G
3rd pocket: Poison Ivy relief spray, Insect bite relief spray and Repel 100
4th pocket: Assortment of Band Aids, a few different sizes of sterile gauze
5th pocket: Antiseptic wipes, nail clippers, tweezers, Ace bandage
6th pocket: Eye wash kit, sterile bagged water
7th pocket: Sterile gloves, Iodine, needles, thread, medical tape,
8th pocket: lighter, wet fire cubes, dry camp soap, water purification pills, emergency blanket
9th pocket: Pocket knife, 2x flashlights, extra batteries, orange flag tape
10th pocket: SURVIVE OUTDOORS LONGER SCOUT http://www.adventuremedicalkits.com/survival/survive-outdoors-longer-scout.html

Ha! Good use of a SpiderWire product lol. My cousin would be proud, one of his biggest endorsements

Great looking rig man, really digging the MC fenders. Have you decided on what you want to do for a front bumper? I saw early in your build you were considering ARB

rich1833

Observer
I really like the ARB but now that I have tube fenders I believe any long bumper would look out of place including the ARB. I really like the shorty ARB they have for the JK's but I don't believe they make them for TJ/LJ. Whatever I get I want tow points build in for shackles. The newer Rough Country stubby winch bumper looks good on some rigs but the way I like it is with the light bar (bull bar) and shackle kit.

rich1833

Observer
I was able to get a few more projects started and some even finished today. I started with installing the winch solenoid under the hood and then wiring it for in cab controls. Red saftey switch arms the system and silver switch is in and out.

I got a set of Teraflex antenna mounts. One for be C.B. radio and the other is Ham Radio. I had to drill out the ham radio side to 5/8 but everything seems well made.

On the same note I installed the head unit for my Ham Radio. Had to make a new bracket for it.

I also had just enough time to install a Bestop under seat storage.

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
I really like the ARB but now that I have tube fenders I believe any long bumper would look out of place including the ARB. I really like the shorty ARB they have for the JK's but I don't believe they make them for TJ/LJ. Whatever I get I want tow points build in for shackles. The newer Rough Country stubby winch bumper looks good on some rigs but the way I like it is with the light bar (bull bar) and shackle kit.

I was going to say that if you were interested in the full width ARB bumper, it wouldn't work with your AntiRock's without modification to the bumper. I believe Quadratec offers a stubby ARB bumper for TJ's but that maybe was just my eyes playing tricks on me.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Lookin good. I noticed the lens in the 4000 is very similar to my 500s. If you feel you don't have enough light from them, or want to free up some space, toss the HID system in there and you will not have any issues with not enough light anymore.

rich1833

Observer
I was at the local farm store and found these light for $2.00 each. So I got two thinking they would work to hang inside of my tent. Little did I know how bright they are. Now for the $ they might not last long but I sure like the extra light under the hood.

lights

Stock lighting

With extra lights

rich1833

Observer
I went to check out some of the flooding and thought the reflective sign that is about 50 or so meters out would make for so got comparison photos. Its a love/hate with these lights as they are nice and bright but when you turn them off I can't see nothing. I have ordered a set of Hella Super 7 reflectors and a pair of OSRAM Night Breaker Unlimited H4 Super White Halogen. So with this and the 10g wiring harness maybe the headlights will be on par.

Low Beam-

High Beam-

Just the Hella 4000-

kojackJKU

If I had the room, the 4000s would be on my jeep and converted to HID. I would have to loose my 450 fog lights then. So the 500s are the only good option. I have looked at uncles ipfs on his jeep. they are nice too. I am not sure how they would take HID. The super 7s will increase your low and highbeam ALOT!

rich1833

Observer
Ended up getting Hella Super 7 headlights installed today and just got a few pics taken. Although brighter then my stock headlights I don't believe they are as good of a deal as the Hella 4000 lights. The headlights where $200 even and 4000's were $186.

My cellphone doesn't do great night video but here is a 4k video I took of the lights. Notice the high beams are blue before the camera corrects it.
http://vid1005.photobucket.com/albums/af177/richardsturgill3/VID_20160102_184245457_zpscuqczgpc.mp4

Low Beam=

High Beam=

Low Beam and Hella 4000=

High Beam and Hella 4000=

I'm using these bulbs for now because of the good reviews

kojackJKU

You should get the phillips bulbs. anything with a blue coating, detracts from light output. Your headlights are much better than the stockers from the photos however. and no, they will never be as bright as the 4000, that's not what they are meant for. but they are MUCH better than the stockers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles