My ZR2 Colorado and Canyon Saga

589FAB

Observer
Thanks guys!

There is also optional Conmection bars available that attach the two bar bars together. They let you mount a basket or RTT.

589FAB

Observer
Had an awesome trip at Drummond Island in Michigan's upper peninsula. The trails are rocky and muddy, we used every skid plate on the bottom of the truck. The ZR2 did phenomenal and had no trouble.

Some parts we had on the ZR2 are: ARB single compressor mount, Bed Mounted Jack mount, Rear Bed bar with Jack mount, Shock Skids and the front receiver. Zero issues with any of them and the Shock Skids took a beating and saved the Multi-matics from sure destruction.

100 Yards down the first trail, 2 Jeeps stopped us and told us to turn around. They said the trails were too tight and the ZR2 would never make it up the rocky hills :laugh: We had no trouble and ran all the trails with no damage, other than a tire.

Ph701khl.jpg

6dK8g7el.jpg

yAe3E7Tl.jpg

GBbrTCUl.jpg

TrOt06gl.jpg

vjryqeFl.jpg

gSR3paVl.jpg

fJ0Mphzl.jpg

1f76YWEl.jpg

CnK28Gcl.jpg

8flpVfml.jpg

Time for some tires with a better sidewall than the DuraTracs

daFVl3wl.jpg

PLo1xWcl.jpg

kCVNdQzl.jpg

3XoTRm3l.jpg

Only parts of the truck that had me worried were the gas tank and rear driveshaft. Some bigger tires would have helped keep us off the rocks too. Future upgrades to look forward too!

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Those simple yet smart plates under the shock mounts seem like something GM could easily add to the 2018's ;-)

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Interesting but also seems to fit the owner feed back so far. Its awesome to see GM finally playing ball and hopefully listening to the consumer. These trucks coming off the show room floor are impressive.

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
UP Michigan is my absolutely favorite place. One of the most remote and beautiful places in Midwest.
I have good memories form those places.

Since you have had the ZR2 for a coupe of moths, I assume the engine has already broken in...
What is the current MPG?

I would pick a ZR2 over a Tacoma if not some concerns about reliability. ( I am not starting a new debate here)
I like how it looks. I like the 2.8 max, I like the interior.

589FAB

Observer
UP Michigan is my absolutely favorite place. One of the most remote and beautiful places in Midwest.
I have good memories form those places.

Since you have had the ZR2 for a coupe of moths, I assume the engine has already broken in...
What is the current MPG?

I would pick a ZR2 over a Tacoma if not some concerns about reliability. ( I am not starting a new debate here)
I like how it looks. I like the 2.8 max, I like the interior.

We average about 25mpg in our daily commute. This is our 2nd diesel Colorado and we loved both. Over 30k miles between the two with zero issues.

589Fab.

Have you towed with the ZR2 Dura Max yet ?

Not yet. We used to have an LT with the 2.8 and it towed awesome. Pulled my jeep at 70mph through Michigan and averaged 17-18 mpg.

Any aftermarket fuel tank skid plates available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sure. It is on our todo list though.

Dalko43

Explorer
25 mpg for commuting, 17-18 mpg for towing....im liking the 2.8 duramax.

I can barely get 18 mpg in my normal commuting with the 4Runner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slowclimb

Observer
I am averaging 23 mpg commuting in my duramax with BFG 275 KO2s and a rooftop tent. That is bouncing between 65 and 70 mph 80 percent of the commute. I couldn't be happier with that.

damon.l

i have 1300 miles on my '18 double cab ZR2. so far really enjoying the truck on the road. havnt done much off the road yet other than curb hopping and crawling through some steep ditches just to test out the lockers and 4 low engagement.

i had my "mind" set on a tacoma but after driving the tacoma and ZR2 back to back the ZR2 won. the tacoma def has its advantages over the chevy in a few areas but overall, for me, the ZR2 was the clear winner.

really looking forward to keeping an eye on this build!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne