"NATO" "black rat winch"

big sky trapper

Adventurer
I did some horse trading for what appears to be a "mil spec nato" black rat winch. Size shape appeareance ect looks like the winch that EX West did a review on.

It is typical OD green 20.5 inches long and marked

US PROPERTY
Greifzug 1.6t
GREIFZUG GMBH

BerdischGladbach

Im thinking probably came from some sort of germany army vehicle kit. I have the handle and repair kit for it, but no cable, Im thinking any 7/16-1/2 winch line would work. when it warms up I gotta go play with it. Any info on it would be greatly appreciated

thanks

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
It may be one and the same. When I talked with Extreme Outback at SEMA in 2004, they were unable to supply the civilian market with alot of their products because of the military demand. With the globalization of so many markets, it is quite possible that Extreme Outback is a supplier of Mil Spec recovery gear for a number of countries.

big sky trapper

Adventurer
when i checked their web page its and the previous write up it appers to be the mid size one, just dif paint and markings. ill get some pics tommorrow and post. came in a big steel box, with hoist cables, a repair kit. instruction manual in german, gloves ect, minus the long cable. I dont think it has ever been used.

I thought it was kinda neat just something differant than most, cost me a an hours worth of welding/ fab work in trade. and i can t go wrong with it....

big sky trapper

Adventurer
heres a pic...in the manual it says cable size 11.7 mm. 7/16" or 1/2"? would that minor differance matter to saftly holding the cable?

100_4592.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94