Need a way to mount GMRS and CB antenna to my Subaru Outback

MiamiC70

Need a way to mount GMRS and CB antenna to my 2019 Subaru Outback, I have a Yakima OffGrid basket on Yakima Skyline towers w/ HD bars.
I am guessing the best way / easiest way to do this is via a "pipe" mount to my rack top or lower bar.
Anyone have suggestions? It would be nice if I can fold down as my car is DD too.

Billoftt

Since the roof sounds a bit out of the question, a fender mount NMO might be a good match. Just get a No-Ground-Plane 1/2 wave antenna for the GMRS.

As for the CB, you need 9 feet of ground plane in each direction anyway so it’s not like fender mounting it is going to make it any worse than what it would be anywhere else.

Sent by electrons or some crap like that.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
You can mag mount the antennas to the roof. You can easily remove them when you want.

MOguy

Explorer
Sort if an old post. I run both a CB and GMRS. You can get a $10 magnetic antenna for your GMRS off Amazon and stick it about anywhere and it will work fine.

BUT

For your CB you have to have a good metal to metal ground to you vehicles body if you want to work as good as it could. If you mount it to your roof rack I would suggest mount metal to metal on the roof rack and then ground the roof rack (metal to metal) to the body of your vehicle.

I wouldn't even bother with a CB unless you needed it to communicate with others in your group.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz