Need help on 2012 F150 suspension improvement!!!

Jonnyo

Observer
i have a 2012 4wd F150 ecoboost and currently have a 2.5 spacer leveling kit, 33 duratrac E tires and some firestone airbag at the back.
The truck as a fiberglass canopy that weight around 600lbs (800-900lbs loaded) permanently mounted to the truck. it s my camping expedition rig! my turck at a 1853lbs payload. (yellow sticker)

I do mostly hwy and some forestry/washboard roads. I dont do any serious offroading but living in BC canada...i do like to explore our extensive forestry/dirty roads and mountain.

I m not a very knowledgeable in trucks...so need advise. i dont really like the handling of the truck. with the leveling kit..i feel like the front suspension is very ineffective at doing anything. The truck bounce a lot front and rear, lots of rolling side to side and off road isnt great.feel like the leveling kit as worsen the front suspension.

What do you recommend to get this truck to handle well? i was considering perhaps a leveling coilover like fox or icon or halolifts? i would love to keep the ''lifted'' look of the truck. what is the better option for my need as i m always loaded? i do tow also from time to time but nothing very heavy.

and what about the rear? any input on what product you recommend would be greatly appreciated

thank you

pic of the truck with camper permanently mounted.

1542238182666.png

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
FM King OEM upgrade 2.5 Coil overs. 2.5 King Rear. Fresh Deavers, tell them your camper weighs 1100#. Helwig rear sway bar, if available.
http://www.filthymotorsports.com/King_OEM_F_150_Shocks_p/king-25001-213.htm

You can exchange front coil springs with FM if you don't get it right the 1st time. Just out shipping cost.

Don't fear adding Sumo Rebel springs or bumpstop springs if available. They're quite handy, and only take a few minutes to add or remove as needed. So you can remove them for when you don't have the camper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz