Need help on picking a 3/4 ton

Clutch

<---Pass
Wait. So us Ford guys should cover our aluminum beds.....with aluminum? lol

Isn't that like telling a bald guy to wear a hat over his toupee?

Ha!

Was thinking double wall, would be doubly good... :D Think I still would have to toss down a bed mat, shoveling gravel out of it would be a pain otherwise.

And then I found this...

diamond1.jpg

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Hells yeah!

That diamond plate is fairly tough, that bed liner you could be fairly careless chucking in logs.

But I wouldn't do this...

ahh, just toss a pallet down...it will be fine!

Reminds me of a kid in high school that had a pre-tacoma 2wd toyota, early 90s model my guess. We had about 15 kids in the back of that truck surprised it didn't break anything.

Pilotamis

Observer
Flatbed ED on another forum hauled heavy with his for 400,000+ miles before the camshaft hardened coating wore off. He just threw a re-man 6.2 in and is still trucking, over 600k now I believe still on original tranny. ************** engine. I live at 9,400 and never slow down on steep passes, just down shift and let er eat.

I literally just read a thread over there where he surpassed 400k and came over here to see what others had to say about the 6.2.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Reminds me of a kid in high school that had a pre-tacoma 2wd toyota, early 90s model my guess. We had about 15 kids in the back of that truck surprised it didn't break anything.

Reminds me of highschool when the farm kids had an event that involved hauling corn around in their trucks(I don't remember the specifics) one guy had a first gen s10 overloaded with corn, when he would accelerate from a stop the front end would pull up and do a wheelie. We all thought it was pretty awesome.

zooroadbaja

Adventurer
Rebumping this I’ve been looking for a certified F250 to come up for sale but there’s nothing when I find one it’s sold before I can get there. There’s 3 right now. A 2012 F250 6.2 with 50k miles. A certified 2017 Ram tradesmen with a Cummins with 18k miles or a brand new tradesmen with the 6.4. Both rams are the same price the Ford is 25k but might be sold before this weekend. Any insight on the Rams?

billiebob

Leaning towards a diesel. Any gasser motors worth noting?
Diesels are heavy and expensive and very expensive if anything goes wrong. The only reason to buy a diesel is to tow more. Gas tuneups, oil changes and repairs will be half the cost of keeping a diesel running. For a small slide in camper, think 3/4 ton. A 1 ton will ride rougher unless it is fully loaded.

billiebob

Whatever you buy.... make sure it is ALL stock. Definitely do not buy a chipped truck.
Nothing wrong with a Ford or a Dodge.

zooroadbaja

Adventurer
Whatever you buy.... make sure it is ALL stock. Definitely do not buy a chipped truck.
Nothing wrong with a Ford or a Dodge.

Yeah itll either be new or cpo, ive been looking at gassers but fuel prices going up with diesel and gas the same price it made me start looking at diesels again but itd only be for the mpgs my half ton i have now pulls everything i need just upgrading for the payload

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
Just as a data point...my Cummins truck would get 10.5-11.5 on highway trips doing 75 with my Lance 855 in the bed with 35s on stock gearing. I'd assume a gas truck would be single digits or simply uncomfortable doing the speed limit. At that speed, it's the 12.5' tall cabover that kills mileage and acceleration, not the weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94