Need to replace current rims and tires. Will these work?

Recently purchased a 2012 Yukon Denali AWD that came with aftermarket chrome rims and low profile tires that we don’t like.
Current size is a 305/40 R22x10 with a 15 offset. After using my friend Google I’ve learned the current tire size measures about 31.6” high.

Would I be correct in assuming that if I went with a 20” rim with similar offset and a tire close to 31.6” high the fit would be about the same and not rub? She doesn’t want anything that sticks out.

I found a set of 20x9.5 with a offset of 12(or -2, but I’m thinking these would stick out slightly) with a set of Good Year Duratracs in 275/55R20 which measure 31.9, is the .3 of an inch going to cause rubbing. I’m hoping this will be an acceptable option.

Thank you in advance.

Yes

Is it the same width ? ...
Rim width, tire cross section is the critical part not stated. Be good to hear what the actual tire size is.

Not really sure what tire cross section is, is this the measured width? As far as sizes go, please see below. Hope this is what your referring to by actual size.

Current: 305/40 (tire measures 31.6) on a R22x10 w/offset of 15
Potential: 275/55 (tire measures 31.9) on a R20x9.5 w/offset of 12

She likes the way the stance is now, just doesn't want anything sticking out from the fenders, I'm sure flush with or maybe even ever so slightly sticking out of the fenders would be acceptable, just not trying to push my luck.

billiebob

From 305 cross section to a 275 cross section. so definitely not a wider tire.
From 40 series to 55 series. so definitely a taller profile, more sidewall.
Same height. I think this one will do exactly what you both want.
But are you buying online? cuz any tire shop will sit them side by side.
They will likely mount one to confirm what you are buying.

From 305 cross section to a 275 cross section. so definitely not a wider tire.
From 40 series to 55 series. so definitely a taller profile, more sidewall.
Same height. I think this one will do exactly what you both want.
But are you buying online? cuz any tire shop will sit them side by side.
They will likely mount one to confirm what you are buying.

If I can find a place local with the same wheels and same or similar tire around the same price I'd defiantly prefer to purchase locally.

I've also had someone tell me their running a 305/50x20, (which is only slightly larger on the width and slightly smaller sidewall that what I'm looking at now), and he's sitting flush to slightly out of the fender, and I might be able to get the wife to sign off on that.

Thanks again for the info.

billiebob

I'm a lover of tall and skinny. Think riding a 10 speed thru a deep puddle vs riding an e-bike with balloon tires.
The only advantage of a wide tire is floatation... or ego, which is seldom an advanrage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior