New 2006 DR-Z400S owner - Phoenix, AZ

theksmith

Explorer
Sounds like a bit of an ordeal! Glad its fixed.

I always wondered about the similar petcock on my DR200 but so far its been reliable. I haven't needed to open up the carb but apparently its possible to twist it 90 degrees and work on it in-situ. I wonder if the DR-Z carb is similar?

Cheers,
Graham

thanks!

i had heard on some bikes you could do that 90* turn, but the DRZ doesn't have the clearance around the carb area for that. it's not technically a hard job to remove the carb, just kinda a PITA the first time you do it to wrangle it out of the boots and past the frame, once you figure out just how to twist-and-pull the right way, it comes on out.

theksmith

Explorer
new meats

P1020378.JPG

from motorcycle-superstore.com with free shipping..

Dunlop D606 Dual Sport Front Tire - 90/90-21 - $71.99
MSR Heavy-Duty Natural Rubber Tube - 110/100-18 - $14.99
Emgo Rim Lock - 1.60 In. - $3.95

Dunlop D606 Dual Sport Rear Tire - 120/90-18 - $72.99
MSR Heavy-Duty Natural Rubber Tube - 80/100-21 - $16.99
Emgo Rim Lock - 2.15 In. - $3.99

luk4mud

Explorer
Mods look great- you have inspired me to work on my DRZ a little. Question- does the stand fit under your DRZ before you raise it or do you have to lift the bike onto it first? I use a fixed stand now, it's fine for my kids' bikes but getting momma and my bikes onto it is no fun.

Keep the mods and pix coming- the good folks at Rocky Mountain ATV and my credit card company thank you!

theksmith

Explorer
Mods look great- you have inspired me to work on my DRZ a little. Question- does the stand fit under your DRZ before you raise it or do you have to lift the bike onto it first? I use a fixed stand now, it's fine for my kids' bikes but getting momma and my bikes onto it is no fun.

Keep the mods and pix coming- the good folks at Rocky Mountain ATV and my credit card company thank you!

that tusk stand is completely adjustable, i have it adjusted so that it just slides under the bike when it's on it's sidestand, then when you lift it, the bikes tires are just barely off the ground. i couldn't see lifting the DRZ pig onto a fixed stand.

luk4mud

Explorer
that tusk stand is completely adjustable, i have it adjusted so that it just slides under the bike when it's on it's sidestand, then when you lift it, the bikes tires are just barely off the ground. i couldn't see lifting the DRZ pig onto a fixed stand.

Thanks, I'll order one up today. Your commission check from Rocky Mountian ATV is on its way ....

From now on, just pictures, no more links ... its costing me too much!:wings:

robert

Expedition Leader
On of the best mods out there is to add the larger battery that Eddy recommends on the DRZ forum on thumpertalk. You can buy his bracket for ~$30 IIRC or you can make one yourself. It doubles the CCAs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles