New 2015 F150

Navman

Adventurer
Well, I'm a Land Rover guy and never thought I'd actually buy a pickup let alone a Ford. I'm glad I did. This thing is rather awesome and it came with everything I wanted, including a big discount. The 3.5L Ecoboost is surprisingly good. It's a bit long with the 6.5ft bed but i'm glad I have the longer bed. It's weird having to plan my turns and parking in advance. It is not a tight trail rig.

I don't plan on doing anything with it at the moment except add a tailgate pad for the bikes. The offroad package gives me decent tires and adequate protection underneath and is all I need out of it at the moment. The bed is sprayed and came with ramps that lock in the bed. It even came with a Kicker subwoofer so the sound system is rockin'. I just need to drive.

IMG_1670[1].jpgIMG_1671[1].jpg

OCD Overland

Explorer
Nice truck - I drove one the other day and was impressed. You were lucky to find the long bed crew cab since those have been hard to come by.

Navman

Adventurer
Yeah, I was actually surprised by it. I think the only two on the lot with the long bed both came with an $11k discount so I jumped at it. Again, it had everything I wanted even down to the wheels so I was lucky. It even came with options that I wanted but would have been hesitant to pay for. But, the discount took care of that and a couple years of depreciation so it made it worthwhile to me. I'm hoping to test out the 4wd and get it dirty this weekend.

Bojak

Adventurer
Congrats on the new truck. I have never been a ford guy, but the 2015 F150 has my coming down with new truck fever. I really do hope it passes because i want one bad. My freind has a 2013 ecoboost and it is pretty stout.

mjmcdowell

Explorer
New 150....

Congrats on the new truck. I have never been a ford guy, but the 2015 F150 has my coming down with new truck fever. I really do hope it passes because i want one bad. My freind has a 2013 ecoboost and it is pretty stout.

Congrats from me! I have 2015 also w/fx4 package, "Purple Cranium" rear dif. cage, "RCI off road" skids,"Ridged" spot lights, "Leer100 topper" and a few other small mods. My truck took me some amazing places out west this summer (DE V) and brought me home to NYS. Word to the wise if you have the plastic running boards..... well they suck and will not take the least bit of a bump...... mine are gone.... otherwise no complaints you will like your truck.... a lot, have fun with it! mjmcdowell

mjmcdowell

Explorer
Congrats from me! I have 2015 also w/fx4 package, "Purple Cranium" rear dif. cage, "RCI off road" skids,"Ridged" spot lights, "Leer100 topper" and a few other small mods. My truck took me some amazing places out west this summer (DE V) and brought me home to NYS. Word to the wise if you have the plastic running boards..... well they suck and will not take the least bit of a bump...... mine are gone.... otherwise no complaints you will like your truck.... a lot, have fun with it! mjmcdowell
Oh yeah... mine is the 2.7 Eco boost engine... more than enough power and pick up for any Interstate. mjmcdowell

bobmono

Observer
Nice Truck! I was looking at the F150 but decided to go Super Duty since I'll be putting a camper in the back. Picked up a 2015 F350 Lariat...I'm pumped, but I really did like test driving those new F150's.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Ah the new ones. I love them. Great choice. The 3.5 is an ideal engine. You will enjoy having the longer bed. If I get one I will def get the 6.5 bed with the 3.5L EB. FX4 of course.

Big50

Adventurer
Congrats on the new rig. I doubt you'll ever want to go back to a smaller SUV after having a full size pickup. I love having all the room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles