New Alaskan side entry flatbed 8.5' build!!

Very nice setup. Have you set the camper up during a storm yet? That has been one of my biggest concerns about an Alaskan... that and the seemingly significant potential for leaks around the front while driving during a rainstorm.
Yes! The whole trip back was either rain or snow. Setting it up is a non-issue, it's done in about 90 seconds and your bed is protected from any driving rain while raising because the panels cover the bed. We did notice some bugs on the inside of parts of the side panels after driving all day, but that's abnormal and Bryan is sending us new weather stripping. We have had no issues with water in the front at all, but we've only taken it on one trip so not sure if it could be a problem in the future. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Thank you! Everything is customizable, I'm surprised more people don't take advantage of it. Appreciate the kind words!
You're welcome! I was reading an article on their flat beds, and they were saying that you could have pretty much anything you want...but it doesn't seem many take advantage of it.

It is all Wilsonart, right? I was flipping through their swatches the other day, some really cool finishes.

You're welcome! I was reading an article on their flat beds, and they were saying that you could have pretty much anything you want...but it doesn't seem many take advantage of it.

It is all Wilsonart, right? I was flipping through their swatches the other day, some really cool finishes.
Yes, they are all Wilsonart and we totally agree with you, there are so many colors to pick from. The nice thing is that they will send you as many swatches as you want for free. We probably ordered close to 30 colors and kept the one we originally told Alaskan, so that was nice. Wilsonart sends them out quickly too!

Are the hydraulic lifts a hindrance to getting in and out of the overcab bed?
No, I don't think they are a hinderance, they are there though and you know it. I think they are actually kind of nice because sleeping on the outside, you don't feel like you are going to ever role off the bed and it's not like a wall, so you still feel like it's very open. I would say the biggest "hinderance" getting in and out (mostly out) would be the height of space between the mattress and the curved panel that the hydraulics are attached to. You just have to keep it in mind that it's there.

Yes, they are all Wilsonart and we totally agree with you, there are so many colors to pick from. The nice thing is that they will send you as many swatches as you want for free. We probably ordered close to 30 colors and kept the one we originally told Alaskan, so that was nice. Wilsonart sends them out quickly too!
I did not know that sent out samples, good to know! Thanks.