New Bronco

watrboy

Observer
We also need to keep an open mind for hydrogen or some other technology that comes on the scene. I am dabbling in off grid operation of my out buildings with backup power for my house. The efficiency of carbon based vehicles and the infrastructure to provide different fuels to power the millions of carbon burning vehicles will be with us for a long time. Certainly my short time left on this earth will see ICE as a viable propulsion for a majority of transportation.
Just saying, I like it all.

85_Ranger4x4

Sounds like a solid prototype for a long term project if you ask me. It’s all a wild ass experiment. Product needs to be stout enough to earn and maintain customer confidence, but like I said before, I don’t think we’re far off. If Ford can give me a 20 gallon tank with 15-18mpg range on 33s plus whatever extended range the electric powertrain offers, like I said, I’m putting a deposit down today.

Agreed, if it was designed as a hybrid from the start they wouldn't have to have the battery intruding on fuel bunkerage.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
The baby bronco is looking more and more like a shrunken Explorer. Maybe that’s why they’re badging this one the “Heritage} Ed. Just looks a little bloated here.

E2814B18-BFCE-4B4E-893B-320ADF7054EC.jpeg
you can read more about the Heritage Ed here if you’re so inclined…

“We've already seen Ford's idea of a "heritage" themed Bronco, but at least the big(ger) horse has a heritage from which its designers could draw inspiration. The Bronco Sport, being an entirely new product conceived alongside the revived icon, is in the unenviable position of being forced to settle for hand-me-downs. Such is the plight of the working stiff. “

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
The baby bronco is looking more and more like a shrunken Explorer. Maybe that’s why they’re badging this one the “Heritage} Ed. Just looks a little bloated here.

View attachment 738568
you can read more about the Heritage Ed here if you’re so inclined…

“We've already seen Ford's idea of a "heritage" themed Bronco, but at least the big(ger) horse has a heritage from which its designers could draw inspiration. The Bronco Sport, being an entirely new product conceived alongside the revived icon, is in the unenviable position of being forced to settle for hand-me-downs. Such is the plight of the working stiff. “

The baby bronco being a masculine version of the Ford Escape, I’ll pass. Had one for a month as a loaner while my ecoboom was getting work done- seemed like a car that wouldn’t last very long, and it’s small inside.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
The baby bronco being a masculine version of the Ford Escape, I’ll pass. Had one for a month as a loaner while my ecoboom was getting work done- seemed like a car that wouldn’t last very long, and it’s small inside.
We've had this one for about a month now and we're pretty happy with it. But, to each their own.

It was between this and a Rav4. My wife liked the look of the Bronco better so, that's what she got.

IMG_3212.jpg

mortonm

Expedition Leader
We've had this one for about a month now and we're pretty happy with it. But, to each their own.

It was between this and a Rav4. My wife liked the look of the Bronco better so, that's what she got.

View attachment 738758

We have had ours for a couple months now. It's my wife's new ride, a badlands. We were just looking for an outer banks but they had a demo with about 2000 miles for less than a new outerbanks so was easy.

I think those here complaining about it would never have bought one anyways. It's not intended to be a rock crawler. The badlands Is super quick and fun to drive and I know that anywhere on a road up here in the winter it will get me through. For Cruising fire roads and forest roads I think it's a great option.

If you need 4lo and lockers then I would definitely look elsewhere (the badlands ds does have a rear locker).

It is a bit smaller than our rav4 (mine for now while I'm waiting for my black diamond to be built) but still pretty comparable with the extra height.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
We have had ours for a couple months now. It's my wife's new ride, a badlands. We were just looking for an outer banks but they had a demo with about 2000 miles for less than a new outerbanks so was easy.

I think those here complaining about it would never have bought one anyways. It's not intended to be a rock crawler. The badlands Is super quick and fun to drive and I know that anywhere on a road up here in the winter it will get me through. For Cruising fire roads and forest roads I think it's a great option.

If you need 4lo and lockers then I would definitely look elsewhere (the badlands ds does have a rear locker).

It is a bit smaller than our rav4 (mine for now while I'm waiting for my black diamond to be built) but still pretty comparable with the extra height.
Yep, I would agree with what you've said. Ours is meant as a city commuter. Doubt it ever see more offroad then a campground.

Totally would have gotten a Badlands if your situation arose here. But, unfortunately no Badlands demos were around...

But, as the video shows, the Outer Banks is as capable as we'll ever need:

But part of me still wants to lift it anyway.....
Screenshot 2022-08-23 142224.png
2021-ford-bronco-sport-custom-wheels.jpg

Last edited:

watrboy

Observer
Yep, I would agree with what you've said. Ours is meant as a city commuter. Doubt it ever see more offroad then a campground.

Totally would have gotten a Badlands if your situation arose here. But, unfortunately no Badlands demos were around...

But, as the video shows, the Outer Banks is as capable as we'll ever need:

But part of me still wants to lift it anyway.....
View attachment 738773
View attachment 738774
They are pretty cool looking. Would still be better than a Subaru over-lander. My son has been investigating the lifts and tires for the new Maverick. For him it checks all the boxes and allows for some weekend playing around. Different strokes for different folks.
I have visited with 2 full size Bronco owners who have no intention of using them for anything but family haulers. One had an Outer Banks with std tires that they lifted and put 35s on for the look. The other guy has a Badlands with Sas pkg and said he will probably never use it off road. I offered to take them both on the WYBDR and they declined. Not sure I understand the want.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Have you been griping that your cute little baby Bronco has too little room for all of your gear? Well then, here’s the Next Must Have for Bronco Owners.

The custom, matching support trailer!
09E9C82A-F308-40D0-B2D0-8C9F3BD63391.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles