New Burb found -- 2500

rayra

Expedition Leader
Just as an aside mention, the k1500 Z71s with the tow package come with an electric trailer brake port and connector cable.

eta and on the mileage factor the only folks beating 16-17mpg are maintaining moderate speeds and keep RPMs in the low 2000s. My wife cruises her highway commute in her Tahoe and averages a hair under 16mpg. I'm a lead foot on the highway and rarely break 14. I think the GMT-900s are good for 1-2mpg more on average across the spectrum. Don't know where they get it. Better fuel metering? Higher gearing? I haven't read up on the newer transmissions at all

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Just as an aside mention, the k1500 Z71s with the tow package come with an electric trailer brake port and connector cable.

eta and on the mileage factor the only folks beating 16-17mpg are maintaining moderate speeds and keep RPMs in the low 2000s. My wife cruises her highway commute in her Tahoe and averages a hair under 16mpg. I'm a lead foot on the highway and rarely break 14. I think the GMT-900s are good for 1-2mpg more on average across the spectrum. Don't know where they get it. Better fuel metering? Higher gearing? I haven't read up on the newer transmissions at all

On our 03 2500 with the 6.0 I "can" get 17 mpg if I set the cruise at 72, could see 18-19 if I wanted to go 65, with the programmer it allows me to adjust a few things that help with mileage. But usually average 13-15 because going slow isn't fun and that LS engine loves to be heard!

Catsmith

I pull a 9k pound travel trailer with my 2000 Yukon XL 2500 with the 6.0. We full time in the trailer and the last big trip was 6k miles. No we don't do it every day but we do it when ever we want to. My favorite parts are the trans cooler and breaks. In the mountains, the 6.0 engine is the weakest compared with the tranny and everything else. She pulls it up them but we sure aren't breaking any land speed records. Having towed with many half tons over the years, it is worth the money.

thebmrust

Weird, when you put 37's on yours and all the ******** you got... now you're being the same type of @$$hole that questioned your own decisions.

Here's a hint... you do you. Let them do them.

Everyone seems to be fascinated with the 2500 Suburbans as the holy grail, why? People spend time and money to fly across the country to pay thousands more for a much heavier truck that gets worse miles per gallon, costs much more to fix when parts break, and not as reliable as the 1500 platform?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles