New Defender News

Blaise

Dealer called again, First Edition rolled off the truck. $74k with options plus $10k in markup plus our 11% sales tax....

That's knocking on $100k. WOOF. It's expensive to be first.

JackW

Explorer
Dealer called again, First Edition rolled off the truck. $74k with options plus $10k in markup plus our 11% sales tax....

That's knocking on $100k. WOOF. It's expensive to be first.
Where do you live with that kind of greed and tax burden? No way my dealer in Georgia would get a $10k markup to fly.

Blaise

Well, it's both good and bad. I'm in Seattle, so the 0% income tax rate more than makes up for it. I'd rather be taxed on my spending than my income. This way I have a say in things before the govt can reach my pocket.

The extreme wealth around tech (guilty, I'm in tech as well) means that new cars can be marked up. It's just what it is - but also means that you can get incredible deals on lightly used toys. My Ducati had 110 miles on it and I paid 50% of MSRP.

Just gotta wait... which is OK by me. I don't need to be the first to have the new toy. I'm happy to buy a First Edition in a year or two.. my LR3 isn't exactly a bad rig :)

merrion13

LRD.jpg

Just brought home! Hood decal goes on Tuesday, and then I need to get to work on the tires. Saw some pics from Land Rover Denver's parts guys playing around with some KO2s on their demo car, need to get in touch with them to find out about rubbing as it looks like 275/60/20 is the best range for tire choices. Haven't seen much else online on who's fitting different tires (yet!) so need to get a better understanding on what's possible before I take the plunge on those.

DieselRanger

View attachment 591747

Just brought home! Hood decal goes on Tuesday, and then I need to get to work on the tires. Saw some pics from Land Rover Denver's parts guys playing around with some KO2s on their demo car, need to get in touch with them to find out about rubbing as it looks like 275/60/20 is the best range for tire choices. Haven't seen much else online on who's fitting different tires (yet!) so need to get a better understanding on what's possible before I take the plunge on those.
Lucky8 has DuraTracs on but no word on size. They're already working on a bumper.

DieselRanger

Well, it's both good and bad. I'm in Seattle, so the 0% income tax rate more than makes up for it. I'd rather be taxed on my spending than my income. This way I have a say in things before the govt can reach my pocket.

The extreme wealth around tech (guilty, I'm in tech as well) means that new cars can be marked up. It's just what it is - but also means that you can get incredible deals on lightly used toys. My Ducati had 110 miles on it and I paid 50% of MSRP.

Just gotta wait... which is OK by me. I don't need to be the first to have the new toy. I'm happy to buy a First Edition in a year or two.. my LR3 isn't exactly a bad rig :)
Not to hijack the thread but I find it ironic such a progressive state (well, where most of the people are, anyway...) has such a regressive tax structure. Or maybe they suspended that in the CHAZ too? ??

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
View attachment 591747

Congrats! Enjoy the new vehicle.

merrion13

Lucky8 has DuraTracs on but no word on size. They're already working on a bumper.
Saw that, those are a bit much for what I need so really hoping I could fit a 275/60 and get out of the proprietary LR size. I have the General Grabber ATX on my wife's 4Runner which we have been really pleased with here in Colorado. Land Rover Denver fitted KO2s in 275/60 to their 110 yesterday based on a video I saw, but not sure about rubbing. I've got a call into them to learn more.

DieselRanger

Saw that, those are a bit much for what I need so really hoping I could fit a 275/60 and get out of the proprietary LR size. I have the General Grabber ATX on my wife's 4Runner which we have been really pleased with here in Colorado. Land Rover Denver fitted KO2s in 275/60 to their 110 yesterday based on a video I saw, but not sure about rubbing. I've got a call into them to learn more.
give this a try first, and maybe take a few measurements:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier