New Defender News

Camel trophy is so cool. I used to think the trucks looked stupid with those skinny tires when I was a kid.....now they are iconic.

Skinny mini pizza-cutters are where it's at!

The 110 is the one that will be available first, so it makes sense that they've been pushing it. You'll see more D90 stuff on Insta and other media once they fully open the order books beyond the first edition.

Agreed; I think there will be a ton of 90 traffic once we see a fully kitted one and they are close to production here in the states. Overseas will see 90 stuff long before us and more regularly in daily life and online glory.

merrion13

Something tells me my order in July won't be arriving in July...

Nitra Plant Suspension

JLR to suspend production at Nitra site from Friday on virus concerns

March 18 (Reuters) - Luxury automaker Jaguar Land Rover said it will suspend production temporarily at its Slovakia-based Nitra plant from Friday due to the coronavirus pandemic.
However, the company, which is owned by India’s Tata Motors , said late on Tuesday that some limited activities will continue on the Nitra site.

Something tells me my order in July won't be arriving in July...

Nitra Plant Suspension

JLR to suspend production at Nitra site from Friday on virus concerns

March 18 (Reuters) - Luxury automaker Jaguar Land Rover said it will suspend production temporarily at its Slovakia-based Nitra plant from Friday due to the coronavirus pandemic.
However, the company, which is owned by India’s Tata Motors , said late on Tuesday that some limited activities will continue on the Nitra site.

Impacts from COVID are going to be global for a while; US I think we are a bit ahead on the game from what we learned from Europe and going off their recommendations. Sucks the globe is feeling this but coming from first hand knowledge of ebola and SARS, limiting massing numbers of people is the right answer.

Don't want to turn this into a COVID thing but more about my wonders how this will impact an already upside-down JLR and Defender being its stepping stone to get out of the hole a bit.

mpinco

Expedition Leader
JLR in a really bad spot financially as previously China sales collapsed, bond / lending cost soared and now global parts and economic shutdown. I'm sure a government bailout is coming but long term it gets dicy.

Red90

Adventurer
JLR in a really bad spot financially as previously China sales collapsed, bond / lending cost soared and now global parts and economic shutdown. I'm sure a government bailout is coming but long term it gets dicy.

Why would someone bail out an Indian company?

A.J.M

Explorer
Who the hell cares what parent company owns the marque... That’s just petty childish rubbish and you all bloody know it.

The Uk government will offer support as it’s better to keep workers in a job than throwing them on the dole and making them unemployed.

Just like it will most likely offer support to many businesses across the country as we enter unknown times with this virus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles