New Defender Rage/Hate Thread

nickw

Adventurer
The Ineos Grenadier is getting ready in Wales, might just be what people are looking for:

Cool truck, thanks for sharing.

Great for offroad and commercial use but that is going to be hard to drive for long periods of time....and I'm betting $ well in excess of a fully optioned Defender.

Blaise

I think even to have a shot at making an impact on Wrangler or Defender sales, it will have to come in a 4 door version as well.

Is anyone really cross shopping the wrangler and new Defender? I drove a new Rubicon yesterday and it’s not even close to as refined as my 06 LR3.

The wrangler is a cool weird 4x4, but I don’t get why people think it’s being cross shopped with the Defender. I certainly am not. Just hope it’s as good in real life as it looks on paper.

JeepColorado

Is anyone really cross shopping the wrangler and new Defender? I drove a new Rubicon yesterday and it’s not even close to as refined as my 06 LR3.

The wrangler is a cool weird 4x4, but I don’t get why people think it’s being cross shopped with the Defender. I certainly am not. Just hope it’s as good in real life as it looks on paper.

I was definitely one of those people that would have cross-shopped. I guess I did to the extent I could. Drove a D5- thought is was rather boring. Drove nice, but I've got my wife's Benz when I want to dress fancy and roll in a luxury-mobile. I like that the Rubi is less refined, more like a truck...even better more like a 4x4 truck. If I ever want it to ride rather pedestrian on the road Iike a LR I'll throw a pair of adjustable shocks on it and still have a more capable 4x4, with a MUCH better aftermarket support system, and it's got enough of the heated stitched leather seats to feel "nice". It's just that the Jeep is actually really capable as well and it feels really cool; unlike the LR- which honestly felt kind of smug and "uppity." I like the approachable blue-collar; dare I say "American" nature of the Jeep- it's what a 4x4 should feel like. When I get a lot older and less virile and just need something to get me through the snowy weather to the Starbucks- I'll probably trade this in for a Defender- by then there should be plenty of used low mileage models that have never been on more than a wet gravel road for me to buy. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0880.JPG
    IMG_0880.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 24

JackW

Explorer
I had a rented four door Wrangler out in Ft Worth for a week - the year before they went to the more powerful V-6. It was a slug on the highway.
It was noisy and I just about face planted a couple of times getting out of the thing - your trailing foot would catch the door sill and trip you up. That's something you would get used to put the wind noise doesn't go away.

It wouldn't be something I would use for a daily driver - I have used my Defender 90 in that role very comfortably - the Jeep would be fun on the trail but not so great for everyday use.

REDROVER

Explorer
Ur LR3 is only refined for u,
As u see people buy 10 to 1 ratio Jeep vs Land Rover
Don’t try to make junk Rover something so superior over Jeep,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior