New "Enhanced MVUM"

Ordered my initial Deschutes NF (Oregon) map.
Looking forward to receiving it, and starting my compilation of your maps relevant to my area.
Kudo’s to you for your fantastic customer service!

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
Ordered my initial Deschutes NF (Oregon) map.
Looking forward to receiving it, and starting my compilation of your maps relevant to my area.
Kudo’s to you for your fantastic customer service!
Thanks dude!

So in case any of you all are wondering about this little business, here is the low down. I work 100% from home and am 100% self employed. I depend on 100% of my income from you kind folks and ham radio operators too for the amateur radio maps. Business has slowed WAY THE HELL DOWN in the last few weeks.

When I see a glass with only half the amount of water in it, I cut the glass down to the full line and consider it done. That is to say, I work with what I got. Since introducing these maps, I have been very busy with printing and creating new MVUM areas. So with this pause in buying, I am able to work on new National Forests. I do need to take some breaks to help out with family, friends, and the local community, so you may not see an update for a day or two. But, as I have been saying the entire time, if you need a map soon, email me at info@axlesandantennas.com and I'll push it to the top of the list.

The way I see what is happening to the World with COVID-19, we are all in this together. So I am not going to be begging for you money, since I know that maps, just like with overlanding, is primarily a hobby. And hobbies come second. Those of you who do order from me in the future, thank you very much! Those who are waiting this virus out, I hear ya! No worries dudes, as we will be here when the dust settles. Take care of your loved ones. If we are lucky, we are all over reacting. If we are not lucky, then the over reaction was the hopefully the correct reaction.

Peace out dudes! James

Robert Bills

Explorer
I would be pleased and proud to purchase MVUM's for the following national forests as soon as they become available. The nation may be under two week "house arrest," maybe longer, but that won't stop me from planning future trips.

Most Frequently Visited

Shasta-Trinity National Forest
Lassen National Forest
Modoc National Forest
Stanislaus National Forest

Just received my first one...Deschutes NF, Sisters District, Northern Section.
It’s very well done. Has the MVUM routes clearly mapped with color legends, and ”other” NSF roads in grey-scale legend.
And the Tyvek is the way to go...rolls nicely, but feels robust.
These are so nice in fact that I ordered another for a good friend.
Good product, recommended.

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
I cant tell from the examples, are the FS roads labeled? ie: 29N47, 29N47A, etc.

Short answer: Most likely. Long answer: Most Likely.

****************** answer aside, I have the roads labeled as per the software and what the table indicates it as the FS road name. Sometimes, if the roads are too close, the labels will not show. This is a feature to keep the map from looking messy. Sometimes, for whatever reason, the roads may not have a name. This is entirely dependent on the FS data. I would even venture to say that there may even be some roads with the incorrect name. Figure there are 1000s of roads and sometimes this just happens.

I wish I could say with 100% certainty that everything is correct, but I cannot. This is why I always put emphasis on the fact that maps are models. And models are not factual. Even your GPS maps, the ones on your smart phone app, are not 100% correct.

But this is an excellent question.

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
I would be pleased and proud to purchase MVUM's for the following national forests as soon as they become available. The nation may be under two week "house arrest," maybe longer, but that won't stop me from planning future trips.

Most Frequently Visited

Shasta-Trinity National Forest
Lassen National Forest
Modoc National Forest
Stanislaus National Forest
Good deal! I shall put this the "Q" (I ain't spelling that word..."

Yes, the house arrest is only temporary. We need to plan for the future for sure. And this means stuff like getting out of the house just as much as staying safe.

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
Just received my first one...Deschutes NF, Sisters District, Northern Section.
It’s very well done. Has the MVUM routes clearly mapped with color legends, and ”other” NSF roads in grey-scale legend.
And the Tyvek is the way to go...rolls nicely, but feels robust.
These are so nice in fact that I ordered another for a good friend.
Good product, recommended.

Thanks dude! I am printing your second order as I type and it will be shipped out later this morning. Thanks for the repeat purchase.

How about some WA National Forests? Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest and Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
Everyone,

So I am behind, but catching up. Last week was 0 percent productive as I was making sure that my family had everything they needed for the impending "lockdown/shelter in place".

I am back to work and will be doing the 5 or so national forests a day again.

Here is the updated list:

- Lasson National Forest
-Modoc National Forest
- Stanislaus National Forest
- Eldorado National Forest

By tomorrow morning, I should have Shasta-Trinity, Okanogan-wenatchee, Wallowa-whitman, and Paynette up on the website.

Thanks for your patronage dudes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94