New "Enhanced MVUM"

JPaul

Observer
Those look awesome, and the price looks great too. I'd love to see Utah soon. I really want to start exploring this year and it's kind of a pain getting all the maps and info together ahead of time.

Heck, even the USFS wilderness area map for right above my place seems off compared to satellite imagery (map shows the road ending a fair bit sooner than what I see on the satellite images). I just moved up to very northern Utah last fall so I have not had a chance to check it out in person yet. Many feet of snow, plus tires that need replacing, plus downtime for maintenance and repairs has kept me from getting out, but once April rolls around I should be all done with those roadblocks and be able to get out in earnest.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
Wow. Ok. That was quick. I’ll order up round 1 here in a day or two. It’s gonna be a snow day here in Michigan tomorrow so I’ll be entertaining the kiddos all day.

SEMPER FI, ooh rah and all that jazz.

Ahhh, a Fellow Bellow Woodsman! Semper F'en Fi dog!

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
Those look awesome, and the price looks great too. I'd love to see Utah soon. I really want to start exploring this year and it's kind of a pain getting all the maps and info together ahead of time.

Heck, even the USFS wilderness area map for right above my place seems off compared to satellite imagery (map shows the road ending a fair bit sooner than what I see on the satellite images). I just moved up to very northern Utah last fall so I have not had a chance to check it out in person yet. Many feet of snow, plus tires that need replacing, plus downtime for maintenance and repairs has kept me from getting out, but once April rolls around I should be all done with those roadblocks and be able to get out in earnest.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Getting a lot of requests for that area, so I might as well work on it next!

bglenden

I can't tell on the website - do your maps show where dispersed camping is allowed? (In my neck of the woods, this is indicated by dots on the side of the MVUM road network). For me this is the main thing I miss from the existing Gaia MVUM layer.

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
I can't tell on the website - do your maps show where dispersed camping is allowed? (In my neck of the woods, this is indicated by dots on the side of the MVUM road network). For me this is the main thing I miss from the existing Gaia MVUM layer.

You are not the first person to ask about this. The simple answer is no. The more complex answer is: No, and I am not sure where that data is from. I have looked all though the MVUM road data and cannot figure out where this information is located. It might be something that is local to the specific NF and that the local NF added to the map. If it is department wide, I simply do not know the ins and outs of it. I wish I could be of more help with that.

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
Alright everybody, I've had a very busy day getting all the National Forest mapped up in Utah. A little more 50 maps were made today for the following National Forests and one National Rec. Area:

-Ashley NF
-Dixie NF
-Fishlake NF
-Manti-La Sal NF
-Sawthooth NF
-Sawtooth National Rec. Area (in Idaho)
-Uinta-wasatch-Cache NF

Yall tell me...what's next??

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
Early morning update (this update brought to you by Stok Coffee!)

National Forests in Texas
Hoosier NF (Indiana)
Francis Marion & Sumter NF (South Carolina)
Wayne NF (Ohio)

I may do some more later today. Depends on how hard I crash.

osteology

Just got a few maps in the mail (Ouachita NF and Ozark NF). Came first class mail, rolled, in plastic, and in a cardboard tube mailer. Excellent packaging.
Still digesting but first impression is how easy it is to spot forest roads that are marked as closed - great for planning.

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
Just got a few maps in the mail (Ouachita NF and Ozark NF). Came first class mail, rolled, in plastic, and in a cardboard tube mailer. Excellent packaging.
Still digesting but first impression is how easy it is to spot forest roads that are marked as closed - great for planning.
Thanks for the review dude!

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
Hi everyone. Been a little late in delivering updates, but I am back on scheduled. Here is what I have so far for today:

- White Mountain NF (New Hampshire / Maine)
- Green Mountain & Finger Lakes NF (New York)
- National Forests in Florida
- National Forests in Mississippi

Link to the map cataloge. Anyone got any sugestions to work on next? I am basically just moving westward but will do a NF if you have one in mind.

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
Hi everyone!

Axles And Antennas, llc has reached a huge milestone this morning: All (Yes ALL) of the US National Forests "Enhanced MVUM" maps that are east of the Mississippi have been finished and are ready to ship! This has taken quite a number of house but only about two weeks. This also includes a couple of National Forests to the west that were special request.

As of now, axlesandantennas.com has 37 National Forest "Enhanced MVUM" maps listed and a total of just under 300 ranger districts (remember, some are split across a few maps).

The update this morning are for the following National Forests:

-Shawnee NF
-Mark Twain NF
-Chequamegon-Nicolet NF
-Chippewa NF
-Superior NF

I will be working hard to ensure that all NFs will be listed by the end of March. If you want something that is not listed yet, just drop me an email at info@axlesandantennas.com and I will start on it.

Thanks yall! (And please spread the word so I can keep prices low by not having to pay for advertising.)

Congrats on this project and business endeavor!
I’d like to put in a request for the Deschutes NF, in Oregon.
I’d certainly be a customer, and the area is home to a thriving camping and off-road/overlanding community.
Thank you for your hard work...I’m looking forward to being a happy customer.

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
Congrats on this project and business endeavor!
I’d like to put in a request for the Deschutes NF, in Oregon.
I’d certainly be a customer, and the area is home to a thriving camping and off-road/overlanding community.
Thank you for your hard work...I’m looking forward to being a happy customer.

Hey thanks dude!

Deschutes is next! I should have it up in the next day.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Outstanding,
Thanks for listening and acting. Great business practices!
As promised, I’ll order as soon as it’s available, and will promote to my local gang.
Thanks again

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
Alrighty fellow travelers, Deschutes National Forest Ranger Districts "Enhanced" MVUM maps are now up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94